Cheat foods

Options
I've been trying to have one small sweet snack after dinner each day instead of a cheat meal or entire cheat day once a week. The problem is I just can't seem to stop myself after that and I've been feeling like I'm going to gain the weight back and feeling really guilty. What should I do?

Replies

• Squamation
    Squamation Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Stop having the snack after dinner!

After dinner brush your teeth, chew gum, drink 5 cups of water in a row. Do something to occupy your mouth.

Try having your sweet treat at a different time of day, you may not binge if its after breakfast.

You can also try eating more fruit/naturally sweet foods during the day.

Good luck!
  • Angelz23
    Angelz23 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I have that problem sometimes. It helps me to remember this quote I read somewhere... "never give up what you want at the moment for what you want the most".

That being said, I LOVE my cakes. So I got an angel food cake mix, a can of crushed pineapple and mixed them up; made them into cupcakes {it made 31 large ones) and I have one of those in the evening - only 64 calories per cupcake. Also, one of my go-to snacks is an apple and about 16 Special K cracker chips. Not that many calories at all.
  • GSXRGIRL61
    GSXRGIRL61 Posts: 6,283 Member
    Options
    I agree that if I can pop some peppermint gum in my mouth immediately (and pretend it's dessert), that usually takes care of it. And I love the quote "never give up what you want at the moment for what you want the most." Also, eating raw strawberries--with no sugar added!--also takes care of cravings. When none of that works, and I truly, truly want something, I'll eat a Luna bar. It doesn't usually trigger a binge.
  • vfett1018
    vfett1018 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I would do the same thing, so I found that by grabbing "that one sweet treat" before I walked out the door for work, I was limited to only eating that one. I would eat it on the way to work or when I got to work, and by the time I got home, I wasn't wanting to binge anymore.
  • JadeGypsyxo
    JadeGypsyxo Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    If I am having a craving for a drink I try and work out and that usually takes care of that.

If I am having a craving for a certain type of food I look at thinspiration on pinterest lol.