BDS Day 2

chrysbander
chrysbander Posts: 15 Member
Day 2 is about picking a “diet.” Remembering that diet means the food that we eat, not what restrictions we’re using. It’s a way of eating that is sustained to ensure we are able to do the things we need to do. It should be nutritious, and, as stated, something that can be maintained for an extended period of time.
Day 2 is not the day to start changing the food you eat necessarily. Dr. Beck recommends picking 2 diets, one you think you can maintain and a back up in case there are situations that prevent the first one from being useable and/or it fails to be sustainable. She also advises reviewing the diet to make modifications to the diet(s). This can be adjusting for foods that you don’t like or cannot eat that are present in the diets.
Also, the mention of diets does not need to mean the same thing as meal plan. Some people like to have everything set for them to eat, and others just do guidelines. Choose what will work for you.
-I’m someone who likes to have it all laid out, I make so many daily decisions, I prefer to just have the food list ready for me.
- I’ve chosen to eat lower gluten as I’m a little sensitive to it, I also prefer the anti inflammatory route.
- I’ve found SkinnyMs, organize yourself skinny, and eating well have plans I would like to follow (I know, it’s 3, but🤷‍♀️). I have to modify the plans for myself as I cannot have chocolate or peanut butter, and for my husband as he cannot have eggs or mushrooms. These are easy adjustments, since they are recipe heavy sites, I’m able to find substitutes for anything that isn’t going to benefit us.
🤔What plans do you follow?
🤔How have you modified?
👉Did you read your reasons why you want to lose weight today?