BDS Day 3

chrysbander
chrysbander Posts: 15 Member
Today says that we need to eat sitting down. The intention here is to think about and make a conscious effort to notice the foods we’re eating. When we do stand, we may not actually see ourselves as eating - the just one bite, just a taste, grabbing a nibble in passing do contain calories. By sitting down and focusing on the food we are consuming, we can start realizing when we are actually hungry, or if we are emotionally/boredom eating. Also, keep in mind that ‘sitting to eat’ can become fuzzy if we are in a distracted state- driving, watching the tv, scrolling through texts or other times we eat while ‘doing’ can be just as much of an issue.
We’re writing our own response cards to sabotaging thoughts or reading the response card in the book to counter those thoughts.

The response card in the book says, “Do it anyway. Even if I don’t feel like using a dieting skill, I have to do it anyway. If I only do what I feel like doing, I won’t be able to lose weight and keep it off.”
My sabotaging thoughts:
-As a teacher, I often don’t have the luxury of being able to sit and enjoy a snack or lunch while at work. Response: I have a prep period, I can take a few minute to sit and enjoy a snack that will keep me from over eating later.
-I forgot to sit since I’m snacking on low calorie foods. Response: low calorie doesn’t mean no calorie, all foods should that I’m going to eat should be noticed
Do you have thoughts that keep you from doing this skill? How are you going to respond when your brain creates an excuse to not sit down to eat 100% of the time you reach for food?

Replies

• chrysbander
    chrysbander Posts: 15 Member
    I didn’t eat sitting 100%, but I recognized very time I didn’t and by the end of the day was doing bett than the beg of the day.
    I did read my why’s several times.