BDS Day 4

chrysbander
chrysbander Posts: 15 Member
Today is about giving ourselves credit.
Remember when we were in school, and the sticker or stamp made us feel so great? It still works!
Doing the skills that help us achieve our goals is work, sometimes way, sometimes hard, but still work. When we remember to do the work, we deserve credit for it. Maybe you just say it in your head, maybe you put a hash tag on your calendar- or even get some cute stickers to give yourself!
Sabotaging thoughts can be that it’s silly - response to that is that we are building a sense of effectiveness and control. Another thought is that we didn’t do anything difficult - response to this is that every time we make the choice and complete a task, easy or hard, we’ve taken another step in the direction we want to go.
The response card says: I deserve credit EVERY TIME I stay on plan, EVERY TIME I track, EVERY TIME I practice a skill.
I often forget to give myself credit. In addition to writing out the response card to read, I put post it notes in places to remind myself to take credit. This actually helps me to do more of the skills I want to complete.
What do you deserve credit for? Did you read your why? Did you sit to eat?
Take the credit! 🌟

Replies

• chrysbander
    chrysbander Posts: 15 Member
    I did not eat out yesterday - I read my whys - I did sit to eat! Hooray!