is it Fibromyalgia, or just my hypo giving me aches?

Options
For starters, I have hypothyroidism. A few months ago, I went to the doctor, and she gave me a physical test to see if I have fibromyalgia. My mother and sister have it, and its genetic. After my doctor touched my "trigger points", she said that I do have fibro. I ache where most people with fibro ache, but other places as well. My joints and muscles will ache, and my hands and feet. I get shooting pains in random parts of my body! So do I really have fibromyalgia, or are these cause by my hypothyroidism? I don't want to be diagnosed with fibro, if its because of my thyroid. Also, I'm on Levothroxine, and my levels are normal, but I still get bad symptoms from my thyroid. Is this normal, or is there something I can do to help? Everytime I bring it up to my doctor she tells me to just keep working out and that will help. It does help, but not fully. I would really apreciate the advice!

Replies

• Syriene
    Syriene Posts: 238
    Options
    If your levels are considered normal, but you are still having symptoms and your doc won't budge on it...I'd get a second opinion. I have heard/read lots of complaints from people who are considered normal, test wise, but still feel cruddy. You still might need a dose adjustment or maybe it's time to try a new medication.
    I don't know much about Fibromyalgia, but from what I have read lately, it is possible for your thyroid issue to cause joint aches. Hope you feel better soon.
  • brianafaye2
    brianafaye2 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Thank you! :)