Get Your GREENS! September 2024 Challenge πŸ§‰ πŸ₯— πŸ₯ πŸ₯‘

mkksemail
mkksemail Posts: 1,661 Member
edited August 23 in Social Groups
When: Sep 1, 12:00 AM - Sep 31, 11:59 PM

About the event: Post your greens!
Add a picture, add your recipe, share and inspire, and give yourself the gift of accountability, too :)

I'll be away -
  • in Istanbul from Mon Aug 26, to Thu Sep 5, then
  • Copenhagen from Thu Sep 5 to Mon Sep 9,
so I'm posting this now :). Cheers! ~ mk :)

Β«13

Replies

• BodyTalking
    BodyTalking Posts: 2,813 Member
    edited September 1
    @SafariGalNYC you're living the life πŸŒŠπŸ’¦
  • BodyTalking
    edited September 1
    I listened to this podcast this morning about eating 30 plants a week. I know for many of us that's easy to get but it was more about the variety of ingredients from plant sources and I thought I might try to keep track of all the little portions and punches to see how many I have. https://open.spotify.com/episode/4DPOdwIPiD0OBqrK3XbUb8?si=FYZvprwuT2aMVgZTUSjM4w
  • SafariGalNYC
    SafariGalNYC Posts: 1,353 Member
    edited September 1
    I listened to this podcast this morning about eating 30 plants a week. I know for many of us that's easy to get but it was more about the variety of ingredients from plant sources and I thought I might try to keep track of all the little portions and punches to see how many I have. https://open.spotify.com/episode/4DPOdwIPiD0OBqrK3XbUb8?si=FYZvprwuT2aMVgZTUSjM4w

@bodytalking - thanks!! 😊

Re eating 30 plants per week - That’s inspiring! Will have to listen to that Podcast!!

I was reading that variety in plants and foods really gives the body all the vitamins and minerals it needs.

I do take a vitamin supplement- but I always wonder if getting vitamins from food is more bio available.

Food for thought! πŸ’­ pun? lol

@bronzino23 - welcome!!! πŸ₯¬ love the shake!! πŸ’ͺ
  • dannytrees1
    dannytrees1 Posts: 314 Member
    Hello everyone πŸŒ΄πŸŒ΄πŸŒ΄πŸ›ΊπŸ›Ί
    Salad for lunch today… Shake planed for tomorrow πŸ‘πŸŒ΄πŸ
  • Hotspur11
    Hotspur11 Posts: 2,673 Member
    Hey everyone, thanks for the add, it's been a couple of hectic weeks for me, quitting my job and trying to relax and find something new, so this will be a great way to get my mind on track
  • Hotspur11
    Hotspur11 Posts: 2,673 Member
    edited September 2
    0tt6rdpa53br.jpg
    Dinner, honey soy chicken and salad (photo pre chicken)
  • SafariGalNYC
    πŸ₯¬ 🍳 Omelette with greens and ratatouille on the menu. Kind of fell apart .. 😬

Added in spinach and pea greens, leftover tomato, eggplant, zucchini..

Shakes - tried something new:
    🍈 cantaloupe
    πŸ₯’ cucumber
    πŸ₯¬ spinach
    πŸ₯¬ kale
    🍊 grapefruit … tasty! (Added collagen for a zing of protein. ⚑️

rrozbi8f9a40.jpeg
  • dannytrees1
    edited September 2
    nq5jmgqtc4ay.jpeg
    Happy Green Monday everyone
    Morning shake
    Pomegranate juice
    Strawberries
    Blueberries
    Cilantro
    Celery
    Broccoli
    Chia,buckwheat,&hemp
    Cacao nibs to get things rocking πŸ’ͺ

Have a great day everyone
    And think GreenπŸŒ΄πŸŒ΄πŸŒ΄πŸŒ΄πŸ€ πŸ›Ίβ›΅οΈπŸ₯‘πŸ
    Danny
  • dannytrees1
    It’s a great day today πŸŒ΄πŸŒ΄πŸŒ΄πŸ›Ίdc3leop1351q.jpeg

Lunch
    Greek yogurt
    Raspberries
    Celery
    Baby Spinach
    Chia
    Cacao nibs

Life is good 🌴
  • filmgal30
    filmgal30 Posts: 4,186 Member
    da6i7fvs6z6p.jpeg

Breakfast/brunch this morning-another tomato & Swiss omelette with cantaloupe & green grapes for some liquid natural sweetness.
  • jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 4,381 Member
    Day one (Sunday) was my Organika collagen & greens drink in the morning and an abundance of fresh warm tomatoes straight from the vine while doing garden clear out. Still getting fabulous orange peppers, zucchini, cucumbers, and herbs. We had the final feed of lettuce from the garden at dinner.

Day two (Monday) was more warm off the vine tomatoes, and a salad of prairie picnic blend greens with pea shoots, zucchini, mushrooms, celery and some green grapes with an herb vinaigrette (sourced from my garden). Served with tortellini pasta with pesto sauce. Delicious!
  • SafariGalNYC
    Morning! 🌺

Breakfast-
    πŸ₯¬ 3 Greens shake with spinach, kale, cucumber
    Hard boiled eggs
    cantaloupe 🍈

(Those eggs and cantaloupe were shared! )

ttg6sd6akjo4.jpeg
  • SafariGalNYC
    edited September 4
    Hi everyone!!

Went to a restaurant with its own hydroponic garden! πŸͺ΄ immediately thought of the group! πŸ’š

Wall to wall greens!

🍽️ Had a Caesar salad, chicken satay with a smorgasbord of greens πŸ₯¬ :)

14jv4blek2xl.jpeg
    6dlvnlaszj75.jpeg
    59ym8k6ry1wo.jpeg
    mkhzqf8upa7y.jpeg
  • dannytrees1
    Happy Saturday 🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴
    It’s lunch time
    Romaine lettuce
    Sweet pea shoots
    Baby Arugula
    Cilantro
    Fresh picked tomatoes
    Feta cheese
    Balsamic vinaigrette

πŸŒ΄πŸ›ΊπŸ›ΊπŸ›ΊπŸ’šπŸ’šπŸ’šπŸ’šπŸ’ͺ86z6wqtjtzf1.jpeg
  • SafariGalNYC
    edited September 9
    Hi All!

Got in my greens today!

Started off with a shake - celery, watercress, cucumber, kale, spinach, lemon, a little bit of end of summer apple to sweeten just a bit.

It came out a very bright celery green! Tasted great though. πŸ˜‹

Made enough to sip on through the day. ;) low cal and low sugar.

cbj3zjcbcdod.jpeg
  • dannytrees1
    Very nice
    My problem.. I think is the sugar
    In the strawberries
  • filmgal30
    I had a 3 day trip for some medical checkups but tried to get greens in when I could.

Dinner at Italian place-pasta/scallops with asparagus, sundried tomatoes, zucchini
    xmn0vg77k37i.jpeg

Greek salad for lunch one day
    xxvja8p0t6kw.jpeg

I had to past from 6pm on till late monday, but Sunday for dinner I had a buffalo chicken salad: lettuce, tomato, chicken, celery, carrots & buffalo sauce. I thought I took a picture, but can’t find it-oops.
  • BodyTalking
    This week, I've had pesto - basil and pinenuts - yes, it's high in calories but I looooove it, frozen fruit - raspberries and blueberries - in my evening drink with ginger and turmeric, fresh fruit - grapes and bananas - during breaks, dried fruit - with yoghurt and muesli - for breakfast.
  • BodyTalking
    edited September 11
    Veg-wise, I've had bell pepper, tomato, potato, onion, cabbage coleslaw, sweetcorn, spring onion, lettuce.....but, I haven't had many greens. I saw fresh Brussels sprouts in a shop yesterday, so I'll need to get some proper greens today and get on the green wagon again!!
    πŸ₯’πŸ«‘πŸ«›πŸ₯¬πŸŒΏπŸ’š
  • SafariGalNYC
    Hi All!

Awesome greens all around! Inspiring!

This morning - cucumber, kale, matcha greens shake and wild sea bass in red leaf lettuces.

rgymlsssvf44.jpeg
  • filmgal30
    Okay semi fail last night, but slight save. So I try not eat pizza as much as I did when I was younger (haha As a kid no one counts their slices. I’m talking 20’s through 40s.) My partner offered to make me a salad, but I just wasn’t in mood. But the pizza had sausage , olives, mushrooms, and green peppers on it so it was fruit/veg heavy & at least some green veg on there. I will take the tiny win/effort. My plan on Saturday after farmers market is to really make a point to prep veg for the weeks meals so they don’t go bad & are ready to use ingredients (chopped, pre-cooked, etc.)
  • BodyTalking
    edited September 12
    I got greens today 🟒 Brussels sprouts and cauliflower leaves! I had them with Zander fish, cauliflower florettes and chickpea mash. Oh and I had avocado too πŸ₯‘
  • SafariGalNYC
    @filmgal30 - actually one of my fav Cauli pizzas is a veggie with a ton of peppers and greens on it! πŸ˜‹ craving that now.. haha
    - is it veggies with pizza? or pizza with veggies??. πŸ€” hmm

@BodyTalking - those Brussels sprouts 🌱 and cauliflower w πŸ₯‘ sound awesome!! πŸ‘

🌿