Traveling! Istanbul and Copenhagen

mkksemail
mkksemail Posts: 1,661 Member
Hi Team Get Your GREENS! πŸ™‹β€β™€οΈπŸ₯¦πŸ₯¬πŸ₯’

I made this for a post in another group, in response to a question someone asked me, but I thought I'd share here, too <3 .

We leave Monday night for 10 days in Istanbul, followed by 4 days in Copenhagen:

It's going to be pretty special. My daughter, who was married last year, is having her 'Wedding Recption" this year, 1 yr after the civil ceremony, rather than 1 hour after ;-). It was just around a dozen or so of us last year, b/c there was very little notice (they got wed in the civil ceremony right after they got engaged, b/c of the years-long visa process - getting married got the visa paperwork started). This year a few dozen of us will be there, I'm so looking forward to it. I haven't seen my sisters in over a year!

She has a special dinner planned at a Michelin-starred restaurant. Matbah Ottoman Palace Cuisine:

fo11qwht2ot5.png

And, totally in keeping with her character, she has a gorgeous, but absolutely NOT traditional, flowing evening gown, which I cannot wait to see her in. She hasn't shown it to anyone else, she said she can't wait to see their reactions :).

They've also decided to host two separate guided tours (on different days) for all their guests, of Topkapi Palace and the Basilica Cistern:

3h4fbkf2xyb6.png8bu2ahsgjzzh.png

And they'll be hosting drop-in Turkish Breakfast as well, at the place where they had their 2nd date. Drop-in, b/c it's too small to host everyone at once, so they're just going to stay there from 9a-12p, and host whoever, as they show up :). Γ‡ukurcuma Antiques & Cafe:

1tq5alvlk7rr.png

And her Dad and I will be hosting a "Raki Table" evening/dinner, at a place still tbd (lol!), but somewhere on the "Golden Horn", overlooking the Bosphorous:

598w1tlje6uo.png

😎πŸ₯°πŸ€

Cheers!
~ mk :)

Replies

• mkksemail
    mkksemail Posts: 1,661 Member
    edited August 28
    Istanbul - Denmark: Days 1 - 3, traveling, Galata Tower, kitties, hotel breakfast :)

Turkish Airlines in-flight (Economy) menu. I had:
    ~ Chicken Caesar Salad, Grilled Filet of Salmon, tatatouille, celericac puree lemon butter, a dinner roll w/ butter, carrot cake, & sour cherry juice for dinner;
    ~ a couple water bottles in-flight;
    ~ and seasonal fresh fruit, assorted cheese (& veggies), scrambled eggs, sauteed potatoes, pepper, tomatoes, another roll w/ butter & jam this time, and sour cherry juice & tea for breakfast. No pictures tho, just a pic of the menu card to help me log it later (which I haven't done yet, lol, but I will!):
    rdaop9y884ub.jpg

xwxsgqskx9ws.jpg

Dinner at a street cafe, just under Galata Tower. Pilaf, Veggies, Chicken and some fries (I gave the fries to my daughter :) ):
    jqbf2tnbx7ui.jpg

Breakfast at the hotel breakfast buffet I made a friend, she was so sweet. She was American, her parents were Yemeni. She spoke native English, fluent Arabic, and was learning Spanish. So bubbly and chatty. I was taking a picture of the breakfast, and caught her, too. I apologized, but she smiled, and laughed, she started chatting, telling me how her Mom does that to her all the time, takes pictures when she doesn't expect it, lol:
    wn1bq0cruxiq.jpg

tkdbvygtresg.jpg

They had dessert too 😬. I took two of each, of the cookies, etc, to try with my husband. I only ate the fudge, and a chocolate-covered graham cracker, tho. He ate the same. We wrapped the rest for later, which we probably weren't supposed to do, but oh well, lol:
    w6uttame406w.jpg

And here are a few more pictures - our hotel room has a balcony with a view of Galata Tower, and Aya Sofya, too, in the background:
    uivba531yhgh.jpg

tj1vx7y0iuv9.jpg

At dinner - we ate at a street cafe, just 1 block in from Galata Tower. The younger couple is my daughter and her husband, the older couple is my husband and me. The arts-y type photo is a picture my daughter took, and put on her Instagram :) :
    0hjfghutb973.jpg

ezwaltezuxrc.jpg

8olxazufcrct.jpg

And lastly, Istanbul is famous for their street cats! 😸😻🐈. This is my daughter feeding some chicken to three young kitties πŸ’œ:
    8txrznv3f8l3.jpg

up0epyzgr1id.jpg