Replies

• mizzmagenta
    mizzmagenta Posts: 48 Member
    Mizzmagenta

Weigh in day: Sunday
    Starting weight: 145.7 lbs

Previous weight: 131.8 lbs
    Current weight: 131.8 lbs

Stayed the same weight this week, I’m finding the last 10lbs so hard to lose. It’s hard to keep motivated when the scales aren’t moving 😫
  • BodyTalking
    BodyTalking Posts: 2,679 Member
    BodyTalking
    Weigh-in-Sunday, 22 Sep

Starting weight: 81.7 kg/180.12 lb
    Previous weight: 75.9 kg/167.33 lb
    Current weight: 75.8 kg/167.11 lb

BodyTalking
    Steps 15-21 Sep
    Total: 43,770

S 1193
    M 3206
    T 6681
    W 11728
    T 6173
    F 8231
    S 6558

@minstrelofsarcasm @melaniedscott
  • lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 1,161 Member
    We are now recruiting new members for October! Please let your friends know and they can join our wonderful teams!
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10924172/registration-for-new-members-october-2024#latest
  • CassieGetsFit2013
    CassieGetsFit2013 Posts: 597 Member
    Weigh In Day: Sunday
    PW (Previous Weight): 225 8
    CW (Current Weight): 224.8
  • Laurabb99
    Laurabb99 Posts: 92 Member
    Laurabb99
    weighin day: Wed
    PW: 196.2 (I think)
    CW: 197.0

Sorry, I'm late again. We moved my MIL into a nursing home a few weeks ago. My emotions have been all over the place, but I'm starting to feel more like myself again and may even finally begin tracking food for my weight to move in the right direction again. I would love to lose 15 more lbs by the end of the year and finally fit into my wedding bands again.
  • Jensmakingprogress
    Jensmakingprogress Posts: 208 Member
    Steps for week ending Sept 21

Sun- 9,411
    Mon - 11,927
    Tues - 12,918
    Wed - 8,425
    Thurs - 11,208
    Fri - 11,198
    Sat - 17,069

Total - 82,156
  • andja87
    andja87 Posts: 219 Member
    3232r4ccwons.jpeg
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,487 Member
    n1bx52w74edw.png
    n7mhpmkjev8s.png
    3qecxm7gl0ac.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    cu4xr83vdfol.png

By Pounds
    9ki6kkqfwcxf.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    66zwja96p952.png

By Pounds
    qpqud2nbsu7d.png
    hvwfxaponeuy.png

Team Winners
    1mhkj3syef26.png

Percentage of Members in the Green!
    bta6gjtjqn4g.png
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    Way to go, Weight No Mores! We pulled some incredible numbers last week, even if it didn't feel like it.

I often struggle with accepting how slow the weight-loss process is, and sometimes even consider giving up because that would be "easier"... but then I look around and see all the health (both mental and physical) complications I avoid just by trying to be better, and the journey feels worth it again.

This week, give me one of your reasons for being on MyFitnessPal, but without using any numbers. What feeling are we chasing? What negatives are we avoiding?
  • Emilienewme
    Emilienewme Posts: 433 Member
    Steps challenge 15th September -21st September

Sunday 24720
    Monday 12229
    Tuesday 12659
    Wednesday 18476
    Thursday 9998
    Friday 7431
    Saturday 5499

• BodyTalking
    edited September 23
    "This week, give me one of your reasons for being on MyFitnessPal, but without using any numbers. What feeling are we chasing? What negatives are we avoiding?" @minstrelofsarcasm

I'm here for the push to keep going even when progress is slow. There's something nice about sharing your ups and downs with like-minded people 😘 Now that I'm on a downward trend, there's a little bit of 'ooh, look how well I did' ☺️ I need to avoid self-criticism and remember that I'm on a journey to be a better me.
  • BodyTalking
    edited September 23
    Oh Daria, that's so sad, it's good you feel that being part of the MFP community helps you get through each day 🫂
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    "This week, give me one of your reasons for being on MyFitnessPal, but without using any numbers. What feeling are we chasing? What negatives are we avoiding?" @minstrelofsarcasm

I'm here for the push to keep going even when progress is slow. There's something nice about sharing your ups and downs with like-minded people 😘 Now that I'm on a downward trend, there's a little bit of 'ooh, look how well I did' ☺️ I need to avoid self-criticism and remember that I'm on a journey to be a better me.

@BodyTalking - Love to hear that! It's been really exciting to watch everyone's little wins, especially since I regularly look at the numbers. You've been really killing it lately.

@daria0919 - Sending you so much love and support! We are always here for you if you need a place to feel your feelings. Sometimes it is so nice to have a place where you can drop your filter, even for just a little bit.
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,411 Member
    ~~ Step Challenge Results -September Week 2~~
    Sept 8-14
    Team Statistics -
    Total Steppers: 8
    Total Steps: 506,098
    Average Steps Per Stepper: 63,262 (2.32% lower than last week)

Individual Statistics -

@OllieAndEd2021 103,761 total | 14,823 averageMost Steps in One Day!!!
    @Emilienewme - 70,040 total | 10,006 average
    @andja87 - 81,338 total | 11,620 average
    @Jensmakingprogress 78,775 total | 11,254 average Most Consistent!!!
    @daria0919 - 63,312 total | 9,045 average
    @Ljdanny - 41,427 total | 5,918 average
    @BodyTalking - 40,334 total | 5,762 average
    @melaniedscott - 27,111 total | 3,873 average

@mnsmov15 - MIA total | MIA average

I don't know about anyone else, but weather here has been funny. I'm blaming the drop in steps on that. Even so, we broke a half a million for the week.

I just realized this afternoon that I put the wrong steps inlast week for @OllieAndEd2021...so you got credit for this block twice...

Our bolded members set a step goal for the week and met it!

Well done, walkers!!

If you want to join the challenge for September:
    Just post your steps by the end of Wendnesday after the week ends. I'm flexible and might wait a day or two for you. If we're 'friends', I may drop a personal note to you to check in. If we aren't, and you'd like a personal note, send me a friend request.
    Part of the challenge or new and want to add or update a goal?
    If you want to... be bold (heehee), let us know how many steps you want to hit every day on average and we'll keep track of it for you!
    For anyone confused about where we are ...
    This is post is for Sept 8-14. For those interested in joining the September step challenge (you can join any time!), the week of Sept 15 (9/15-9/21) steps should be posted by Wed, Sept 25.
    Some numbers housekeeping:
    Our challenge runs Sunday through Monday, if you post Monday through Sunday, your numbers might look weird to you.

Awesome walking steps team!
  • Laurabb99
    Laurabb99 Posts: 92 Member
    Laurabb99
    weighin day: Wed
    PW: 197
    CW: 197.3

@daria0919 I can't imagine losing a child. I'm so glad that you're apart of our team! Your progress and encouragement is so helpful.
  • andja87
    andja87 Posts: 219 Member
    This week, give me one of your reasons for being on MyFitnessPal, but without using any numbers. What feeling are we chasing? What negatives are we avoiding?

I’m here because it keeps food in perspective and has helped me keep me accountable. I can look back and see what maybe worked and what hasn’t week to week. It’s also given me this group that is really supportive.

Positives that I’m chasing are seeing the scale drop.

Negatives I want to avoid is the disappointment I feel when I don’t see the scale drop(or it goes up). Lol

But back to positives for real, nothing about weight loss is linear. So I’m going to keep moving my body because I enjoy how it makes me feel, try to make “good” food choices and that’s the best I can do regardless what the scale says.

Oh @daria0919 I’m so sorry for your loss, I can’t even begin to imagine. I’m so thankful you are here and that we can be an outlet for you and be here when you need us! You are everyone’s biggest cheerleader and I’m happy to be apart of a team that has you on it!
  • nansbones7708
    nansbones7708 Posts: 398 Member
    @daria0919 some days are tough and the stiff upper lip folk just don’t understand. You have to be there to understand the pain. Lost mum last year and some days are still hell
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,119 Member
    @daria0919 i am so sorry for your loss. This is a great place to come for support or just to vent.
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,119 Member
    Steps

Sun-3,175
    Mon-8,947
    Tues-6,946
    Wed-9,121
    Thurs-5,613
    Fri-6,517
    Sat-4,056
This discussion has been closed.