My current regime

Options
366to266
366to266 Posts: 473 Member
I posted this on the "successes" board on 28th August and not ONE person has even commented. I guess <yawn> that this is because most people don't want to hear about keto successes.

Being rather disappointed that, after I spent so long writing the posting, it was ignored, I decided to re-post on the keto board.

==============================================================
28 Aug.

My current regime, on which I am never hungry, feel great, and am losing 1.5 to 2lb a week.

Breakfast - (almost) zero carb and high fat fish or meat. Example: pickled herring with double cream, tin of tuna with mayonnaise, cooked ham, chicken thigh, Polish sausage. Pint of tea - either fruit, lemon or Indian tea with milk. (if milk use soy milk, lower carb).

Main meal (around 2 to 4pm): Big bowl of low carb and high fat salad (different types of lettuce, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, spring onions, sweet peppers, olives, onion, red and white cabbage, a LITTLE carrot or beetroot) drizzled with lemon or lime juice, plenty of good olive oil, and mayonnaise. Served with 200g-300g of high fat fish or meat. Example: prawns, white fish, tuna, haddock, sardine, mackerel, pilchard, salmon, chicken, ham, gammon, hamburger. Pint of tea as above.

Dinner (if needed) - same as breakfast.

Snack if needed (I rarely need) - hard boiled eggs mashed in mayonnaise. Tin of tuna mashed in mayonnaise. Pint of tea.

Supplements - ten nutritional pills a day, from St John's Wort to a multivitamin, Vit C, ALA, magnesium, potassium, chromium, and other stuff (I forgot what they are LOL)

Mostly I am having breakfast around 9am, main meal at around 5pm and nothing till the next day breakfast (because I am not hungry).

I think this comes to about 1600-1800 calories and about 20 to 30 carbs a day.

Exercise

One hour of aquazumba, 3 or 4 times a week. Small bits of walking, gently building up to longer distances over time.

For the past 9 days I have eaten no meat - only fish. I worried that it would not be as sustaining or filling as meat, but I feel great on it -- and not hungry at all!

Replies

• Rei1988
    Rei1988 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Great job!
    My only advice is don't eat too much fish especially if it is farm raised. It has a lot of excess sodium etc opposed to wild caught. Then there's that whole mercury thing.
  • VanCityFit
    VanCityFit Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Good job, I've never heard of AquaZumba before!!
  • MermaidTX
    MermaidTX Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    It feels good to eat so that you're not hungry all the time, right? It actually takes some getting used to! So glad to hear that you are feeling positive & *proud* of your success!
  • Dylansmom06
    Dylansmom06 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Incredible and so inspiring...thanks for posting!:happy:
  • Golightly17
    Golightly17 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Looks like you're doing good! I happened across your post on cardio, so true.
  • vickiwo55
    Options
    Great job!! So exciting! I think we Keto-ers are the only ones who understand this lifestyle. Congrats on your weight loss! I couldn't believe how much better I felt after cutting out sugar from my diet. =)
  • moss11
    moss11 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    ^^^^^^ what Vickiwo55 says! You've came to the right place. Great to hear its working for you, it's really liberating not to be ruled by carbs, sugar and the clock! Keep posting we love to hear success and share your journey.
  • chani8
    chani8 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Excellent!!! Good job!!! You're doing GREAT!!

It's so nice to read a keto success story!!

Eliminating sugar was enough to change our lives dramatically. Going low carb seemed so natural after that.

Enjoy your new life!
  • ruthiejewell
    ruthiejewell Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a typical day for me too though sometimes I combine 2 meals, often having 2 or even 1 meal a day .. but lchf and as near to my calorie and nutritional requirements as I can get. The one thing that is different that I wish wasn't is aqua zumba! Wish I could overcome my fear of water! Have had 2 lots of swimming lessons over the years and can technically swim but can't fully let go of the fear!! I do some good warm up standing abs exercises from a Jessica Smith youtube clip followed by dumbbell and bench stuff which is great. Delighted its going well for you too. I'm not 100% on the ball all the time but 80% so the weight will go .. just more slowly!
  • 366to266
    366to266 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the messages, folks.

Aqua Zumba is just my fancy, zeitgeisty name for what is basically just dancing in the water.

I bought a pair of water barbells (they are foam) and I bought two Speedo Aquabeats and have loaded them with my favourite upbeat music, and I switch it on and just dance, making sure I move every limb in every direction possible, including doing stomach strengthening exercises, twisting my middle, and kicking my legs up as far as I can in front, to the side, and behind me. I do this for a minimum of one hour.

The style of music dictates the type of dancing. When Bad Manners's "Can-can" comes on I do the can-can (as best I can in the water!) I was going wild today to "Play that Funky Music White boy", followed by Michael Jackson's Wanna be Starting Something. The beat is SO motivating! I just dance like crazy sometimes till I am out of breath, and I don't give a hoot what anyone thinks.

As for the fish, I have several different types, prawns, smoked salmon, herring, haddock, tuna, plaice, salmon, etc. There are many more I have not even tried yet. I am loving it!

I did have a pound of minced beef yesterday, and found a new way to cook it by mixing it when nearly fried with microwaved frozen cauliflower, coating the cauli with the meat, fat, olive oil and tomatoey sauce made from the meat juices and tomato puree.