🧮 Countdown & Pre-Challenge Activity #1: INFORMATION and YOUR INPUT! 🧮

2»

Replies

• AdahPotatah2024
    AdahPotatah2024 Posts: 1,979 Member
    edited September 29
    Hi! Adah from North Georgia..late 40s..here for motivation to lose the last 5-7 pounds. 7 would be 5% of my body weight and 135 pounds. I'm short, 5'1.5.
    I'm actually happy with my weight as far as aesthetics go and eat fairly healthy, but trying to lose a little more to get my waist size down an inch or so to lower health risks. Diabetes is rampant in my mom's family and I was borderline when pregnant and so I'm trying to do what I can to prevent that!
  • KellyBisciotti
    KellyBisciotti Posts: 10 Member
    edited September 29
    I'm Kelly (aka KitGoesFit on SP). Looking forward to the accountability that comes with team activities like this. I need that little competitive internal push, especially when it comes to exercise minutes!

My goal is 30 minutes, 3x per week of heart pumping exercise. Daily steps goal of 6500, up from my desk every hour.
  • BodyTalking
    BodyTalking Posts: 2,714 Member
    Hello everyone 👋 :)

My plans for this coming season are:
    ▪️ To continue losing weight since I did well in summer.
    ▪️ To continue eating within a calorie deficit.
    ▪️ To gradually increase my weekly steps.
    ▪️ To make a habit of exercise snacks and housework snacks - short sessions of each.
    ▪️ To use my personal Dopamine Menu (trending idea I recently read about) and get the small things and big things done in a timely manner.

Good luck with your goals!
  • bbonet3
    bbonet3 Posts: 2,773 Member
    Hello! I am Bruni and I want to continue this journey to help me both physically and mentally. I was with SP since 2010 and then joined MFP when it was formed from SP. I continue with the challenges to stay accountable and it helps with my mental fatigue. I have found a group of people here that are very supportive and will lift your spirits when needed.

I want to lose weight and be able to maintain it.
  • 3fabboysx1
    3fabboysx1 Posts: 359 Member
    This Fall session I would like to continue to do what works for me and sure up and reinforce some habits that I have let slip.
  • luv2dns2
    luv2dns2 Posts: 548 Member
    I am Kay and since I joined Sparkpeople and then went on to My Fitness Pal, I have been working to lose some weight and not put it back on. I do this by exercising more regularly and paying attention to my eating. I like to cook and generally make healthy meals, I just tend to eat after I am no longer hungry. I love certain types of exercise and would like to make sure that at least once a week I dance, swim and walk as well as stretching daily for my back.
  • Ceriusly1
    Ceriusly1 Posts: 6,084 Member
    <3
  • WinterflowerSP
    WinterflowerSP Posts: 945 Member
    I'm Jerri and I keep coming back to this challenge (and alternatively the BLC) because I need to have motivational activities to help me stay focused.
    I want to get to my goal weight/range this round and continue working on cleaning up my eating habits. I am trying to stick to a low carb plan based on my docs recommendation and, thanks to test results, also watch my cholesterol so I can avoid medication for it at my next visit. I also like to keep within a 16/8 intermittent fasting plan. It has helped me with nighttime eating. I try not to restrict myself too severely. If I get overwhelmed or feel unsuccessful, I tend to fall overboard!
  • gouldsgranite
    gouldsgranite Posts: 4,249 Member
    I'm Janey. I keep returning to the 5% challenges as they are what really keeps me focused on my healthy goals. This Fall my focus is to walk and practice Yoga daily. stay true to a healthy diet and practice the weekly Healthy Habits to learn new skills for a healthy future.
  • Kateljm
    Kateljm Posts: 1,904 Member
    I'm Kate, from Maryland, USA
    Retired, Married
    Healthy Weight with some fluff to lose

Goals:
    • Sustain weight progress, lose up to 5 lb.
    • Build strength, and
    • Show my body some love and respect.
  • SeleneMoon333
    SeleneMoon333 Posts: 82 Member
    Hi, Selene here in Michigan (have been 3moons & sparknb from sparkpeople); have lost and regained same 50 pounds (need to lose 200) since I don't stick with it. 5% loss would be great kick-off for 2025. I have no real health problems yet other than hypothyroidism from my 20's which was severe enough to cause premature menopause then (now 61). So hot flashes for 4 decades :blush::wink: :smiley: I've lost 100 pounds twice before 45 but then regained. I used to blame the thyroid deficiency, which I'm sure contributes; in the last decade I've realized/ accepted it's more about bad habits of compulsive over-eating and binge-ing.

I'm using several strategies...my own motivation to move (daily minimum 10 minutes, & 5 days a week up to 2 hours) which waxes & wanes; 90in90 OA for focus, & mfp to track & gen'l support; I've also done accountability on reddit before, but that might be for next year. I was just struck on Autumnal Equinox to start moving again (I spend most of my time sitting with my almost 90yo dad with Parkinsons). I've been going on walks, with little bits of jogging; I've had the 'good soreness' of my body being in use lately. :smile: I'd also like to cook more...and try some of the volumetric and healthier options. My diet is pretty healthy; I was a vegetarian for a quarter century but I usually had issues with both portion control and sweets. Have a great autumn : o:)