Downsizers Team Chat - October 2024

f5g54w5jfcc3.jpg
Here is your Team chat room for October 2024. This is where you weigh in, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post often, and help each other succeed! Bookmark this thread to make it easy to land here any time.

Fat2Fit has five great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows - contact them any time!

Our Moderators:
Ashley - @minstrelofsarcasm
Jessica - @jessicakrall8
Lauren- @lauren_989
Megan - @Megan_smartiepants1970

Our Team Captains:
Downsizers - @Megan_smartiepants1970 and [open]
Mission Slimpossible - @Katmary71 and @trooworld
Weight No More - @minstrelofsarcasm and @melaniedscott
WaistAways - @ashleycarole86 and @lauren_989
Shape Shifters - @jessicakrall8 and @Pupowl

Our Team Motivators:
Mission Slimpossibles - @19shmoo69
Weight No More - @rachelrjh and @BodyTalking
WaistAways - @MaddawgMadsen
Shape Shifters - @LaurieWrobo and @Cyncia85

HOW IT ALL WORKS: The October challenge runs for five weeks, from September 29th - October 27th.

Everyone weighs in weekly on their chosen day right here in the team chat. At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win, and may everyone else get to work on next week!

We also celebrate those small, steady losses. If you lose, however small an amount, you are in the green! At the end of the month, we celebrate everyone who lost at least a bit every single week. You are heading steadily towards your goal even if you aren't at the top of the weight loss leader board. In March we are aiming for every team to hit 50% green every week - let's do this!

To make your weigh-in easy to find for your team Captains, please put it right at the top of a message, and use this format:
Weigh In Day:
PW (Previous Weight):
CW (Current Weight):

If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to inform your team captain if you are traveling, sick, or just need some time off. If you want a break, you can be excused for a week or two, or can be moved to the Support Team for as long as you need. You still participate in the discussions, you can weigh in if you want to, but it will not count in the weekly tally. Don't worry! You can always come back even if you get dropped.

Once you reach your goal weight, you join the Goal Zone. You continue to weigh in every week. If you have 2 weeks above your self-defined goal zone, you go back to the regular team to lose that amount before it builds up. You will have a chance to hone those maintenance skills and stick with your team.

In addition to your own team, there are weekly F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love :heart: Introduce or re-introduce yourselves right away, and let's get October on the road!

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 42,828 Member
    edited September 29
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 42,788 Member

Hello Team Downsizers ....I am the captain of this wonderful team ...First I would like to welcome @debralynn04, @Corvestina and @lindamartin27 and @lujainhoban to our wonderful team...I hope you enjoy it as much as I have ...I have been with this group for for awhile now and absolutely love it ... I have been on and off of MFP since 2009 (I had a bad habit of giving up on myself and deleting my accounts..I promised myself that I would not give up on myself ever again(been on this screen name since 2018) Second let me introduce myself ... I am Megan and I am the captain of this marvelous team.. I am also one of the moderator's so if a problem arises please let me know so that I and the other moderator's can solve the problem ... Most of you newcomers have already met me since I am in charge of recruiting ...Now a little about me ... I was born in Alberta Canada..I was adopted as a baby...I have lived in California most of my life ... I would love to move to Colorado.. I am an animal lover... I have 2 dogs a German Shepherd named Dakota who turned 6 years old on 10/10 (and a Siberian Husky named Aspen who turned 6 years old 12/22) ... I lost my 2 grandma kitties Kylie 17 1/2 and Mocha 17 recently within 4 days apart and a parrot named Petey (not sure who talks more him or myself LOL) I am a mom of 2 ..Alyssa who turned 18 on 10/5 and graduated high school on June 9th my little girl is not little no more ..I have home schooled her from day 1 .. She has been on honor roll every year who wants to be a veterinarian once she receives her diploma ... I have a son named Austin who is 24 (had a birthday on 10/24 who is married with 2 kids and was in the Navy now he has graduated from the academy and is a cop.. I am a very proud mama :)

Now lets talk about the step challenge that I am in-charge of for our team ...If you want to be added please give me your name and a step pledge that you plan to hit daily and post your steps either daily or weekly (whatever is easiest for you) in here .... If you want to be removed , change your step goal , excused etc. please let me know ... I do have a converter chart where I can convert most exercise into steps ...On Sunday mornings I will put up a reminder of the people's steps I need ...

My goals for September.. Since I am injured I am not on Keto at this time I am just eating regular food.... meal prepping with my daughter's help ....drinking 140 ounces of water daily and getting at least 5 hours of sleep.... I had a lot of health issues...but I am happy to say that I am off all meds ..I am no longer type 2 diabetic ... I had kidney stones ... 3 hernia surgeries ... a screw in my right foot due to stress fractures ... Left foot has arthritis in the ankle and I have quite a few bone spurs in the foot .. ... I also have tendonitis in my knees and I was born with hip dysplasia..As many of you know I am out of commission for who knows how long due to playing ball with the pups in the backyard and falling in one of the craters my dogs dug up...I broke my ankle in 2 places and tore tendons and ligaments ...I had surgery on 10/19 where I have a plate and 4 screws and I had an infection where one of the screws is ..... I had my 2nd foot surgery on 12/15 3rd foot surgery happened on 1/31 where he put a rod in my foot (which is giving me problems)
    4th surgery happened on 3/31/23 where I have 2 new rods in my leg and more screws in my foot
    5th foot/leg surgery happening on 7/7/23 ...6th foot surgery happened on 8/25 where I have a plate and more screws.. 7th surgery happened on September 16th when I lost my balance and fell in my home .. and had to have the rod that I bent replaced 8th foot surgery happened on Dec 16th...9th foot surgery happened on February 7th...I just had my 10th foot surgery on 3/28/2024 where he put 2 plates and 8 screws in my ankle..... Crossing fingers, toes and eyes that I am done with surgeries....I somehow have a fracture on the top of my foot and near my ankle...I am in a soft cast with 2 rods on each side...I want this darn foot to heal already so that I can start PT and get
    back to walking (boy do I miss it )

As many of you know I just had my 11th surgery this past Wednesday the 26th ... Where I have 2 plates on each side with 4 screws and two rods on both side of my leg. Dr said I might need a 12th surgery crossing fingers that I do not need a 12th one

If there is anymore you want to know about me just ask
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,404 Member
    The October Week 1 Group Challenge is open and ready to begin on Sunday, Sep 29th. Please join us for the Pumpkin Fall Challenge! Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10924589/october-week-1-group-challenge-pumpkin-fall-challenge#latest

See you in the chat thread...hope to hear from you this week!
    Jessica :blush:
  • Curvestina
    Curvestina Posts: 17 Member
    Hi,

I would like to join the step challenge.

Curvestina 10,000 a day.

Thanks
  • lindamartin27
    lindamartin27 Posts: 44 Member
    Good morning, I would like to join the step challenge @ 8,000 steps a day.

@Megan_smartiepants1970
  • lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 1,183 Member
    Hi Team Downsizers, you have a new member joining. Please welcome @lujainhoban!
  • lindamartin27
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    Weigh In Day: Sunday
    PW (Previous Weight): 215.6
    CW (Current Weight): 214.5
  • lindamartin27
    Today I will be meal prepping. I want to start gaining back my good habits and break my unhealthy ones. During my extremely busy times of the year with my job, I would always meal prep to ensure I was eating to sustain my energy and health along with helping to prevent me from overeating and eating quick fixes which where never the healthiest options.

Meal plan:
    English muffin sandwich
    Mini Fit McGriddle muffins
    Blueberry Overnight Oats

Southwestern Crunchy Chicken Wrap
    Street Corn Chicken Rice Bowl
    Cowboy Burger Bowl
    Swiss Mushroom Burger Bowl
    Grilled veggies for sides

Fresh fruit for desserts
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,781 Member
    Saturday steps: 5,765

I am going to change my step count to 5,000. I will be happy if I can reach this 5 out of 7 days.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    SUNDAY WEIGH-INS(29th)
    @rwillems
    @cormieannie
    @msgem
    @lindamartin27

MONDAY WEIGH-INS (30th)
    @lacatagirl

TUESDAY WEIGH-INS (1st)
    @aactuallyaash

WEDNESDAY WEIGH-INS (2nd)
    @myndieet
    @lovethyneighbor
    @ashleyhudson2100
    @debralynn04

THURSDAY WEIGH-INS(3rd)
    @Bluetail6
    @Curvestina

FRIDAY WEIGH-INS (4th)
    @jimboden3
    @FindingSamMon
    @carrieneary71
    @lindamtuck2018

SATURDAY WEIGH-INS (5th)
    @liketoyak
    @RoblinB
    @inshapeCK
    @ibackes
    @ZaraMarie61
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,781 Member
    My name is Linda. I am 60, married and live in London, Ontario. I have 3 children and 4 granddaughters. I also have two cats. I am retired due to a disability.

I have a two week trip in October, so my goal is to lose 2 pounds. We are heading home to Newfoundland and everyone wants to feed you. I should only miss one weigh in as I will weigh early the week I leave.

My fitness goal is to increase my steps. As most of you know, I had a very successful back surgery in July. While I still have back pain, I no longer have nerve pain. I am trying to get more walks in weekly. I will be allowed to start swimming at the end of October. The weather is starting to get cooler so it makes walking easier.

Here is to a successful October!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    3at72k6m062a.jpg

What is your favorite outdoor activity?

Mine is walking with my daughter and dogs when I don't have a broken leg/foot
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    g6vdre3pzocy.jpg

I still need people to please post their steps for September week 4...Please have them in as soon as possible so that I can post the results ... If I do not have them soon I will have no choice but to zero them out..thank for understanding
    @aactuallyaash 9/22 -9/28
    @FindingSamMon 9/25-9/28
    @Bluetail6 9/22 - 9/28
    @lovethyneighbor 9/22 - 9/28
    @ashleyhudson2100 9/22 - 9/28
    @msgem 9/23- 9/28
    @carrieneary71 9/22 - 9/28
  • lindamartin27
    3at72k6m062a.jpg

What is your favorite outdoor activity?

Mine is walking with my daughter and dogs when I don't have a broken leg/foot

Mine is being outside in my garden, greenhouse, and watching my chickens free range in the yard.
  • debralynn04
    debralynn04 Posts: 22 Member
    Walking with my dog and my friends.
  • debralynn04
    debralynn04 Posts: 22 Member
    edited September 29
    I want to join the steps challenge...12,000 steps
    I know it seems like a lot but i work at a gas bar and am on my feet lots, so when I have days off I will have to work hard to keep up my step count.
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,492 Member
    n1bx52w74edw.png
    9ygwjonwjr6a.png
    qnoc1jm29sez.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    j0xvpcnrt6rq.png

By Pounds
    n610j2on9szv.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage