October Week 1 Group Challenge - Pumpkin Fall Challenge

jessicakrall8
jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,479 Member
edited October 6 in Social Groups
y4vcamu0txt8.jpg

The last two weeks have been a very busy partner walking challenge where the competition was fierce and it was so much fun, but along with that, it's a very busy time of year and my body decided to get the absolute worst sinus infection and I was trying to handle all of the above. Let's just end this with UGH! That's where I am...so this week, with stepping into a new month and everyone in the midst of fall craziness, I thought we'd do an unusual challenge...it will be a little combination of everything...all pointed in the direction of Fall and Pumpkin Madness!!!

So, my directions for you are to round up some favorite fall recipes, decorating ideas, pumpkin pictures, memes, quotes, activities for fall...football season recipes, desserts for Halloween parties, etc...share them once a day...would love to see pet pictures playing in the leaves, dressed up in costumes...anything relaxing, joyous, fun and peaceful...I'm focusing on just breathing this week...hope to hear from you this week...

Let's enjoy the week and take a little stress break...

What's your favorite drink this time of year...bonus smiles if it involves pumpkin...I will admit I'm enjoying the occasion pumpkin donut and loving hot tea with cinnamon!!!

See you in the chat thread!
Jessica :blush:

Replies

• nansbones7708
    nansbones7708 Posts: 557 Member
    This is a difficult one for me because we don’t celebrate fall across the pond the way you do but I’ll see what pictures I can find.
  • jessicakrall8
    This is a difficult one for me because we don’t celebrate fall across the pond the way you do but I’ll see what pictures I can find.

@nansbones7708 It's hard to draw from a perspective I don't have...please post about the time of season you're experiencing now...here everyone has just gone pumpkin crazy and it was all I could think of...change of season has the same effects everywhere...something new...so help to bring us state-siders, new perspective! Great idea! What do you look forward to in October? Can't wait to see!
    Jessica
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,977 Member
    84nbhqxpst8a.jpg
  • nansbones7708
    nansbones7708 Posts: 557 Member
    @jessicakrall8 you’re to be congratulated on coming up with a challenge considering how you’ve been feeling this week. Hope you’re better soon
  • p8m6bwghh9
    p8m6bwghh9 Posts: 107 Member
    I will get an early start with a recipe
    https://thishappymommy.com/easy-maple-pumpkin-soup#tasty-recipes-153362-jump-target
    I have made this a few times, I have a cup as part of my lunch.
  • baodell17724
    baodell17724 Posts: 132 Member
    Yes, I'm being snarky! gss9n87btvjj.jpg
  • purple1butterfly
    purple1butterfly Posts: 620 Member
    I am also in the UK, around the 20th October I start getting my ingredients for my Halloween bits ie pumpkin soup, pumpkin oat & jellybean cookies, pumpkin chocolate chip muffins or cupcakes.
    I started the cupcakes & cookies for my older boys as they have adhd & to much sugar & certain things would send them hyper.
  • Curvestina
    Curvestina Posts: 32 Member
    Fall is my favorite time of year… I love layers my clothes, boots, holiday season.. just always a good time.
  • jessicakrall8
    It's nearly chili time too during the fall...I was raised in the Ohio Valley (Kentucky) and we add spaghetti to our chili, but I've made it without as well. How do you make your favorite chili recipe?

wl1qdhy9628h.jpg
    60dqlfyxewow.jpg
    Jessica
  • janiss123
    janiss123 Posts: 9 Member
    Fall is also my favorite time of the year. I love seeing the leaves change colors and all the fall decorations. Several years ago my family moved from North Carolina to West Virginia for my husband's job. WV has the most beautiful landscape and the hills are gorgeous in the fall. And yes, I am one of the weird people who loves it when the weather gets cold, so bring on the soups!!
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,977 Member
    We are out hiking today. Still not much color. We were at Great Turkey Pond in Concord New Hampshire.
    h4w9r68aao6d.jpg

2yxclmp03gzc.jpg
    That's me on the far side of the bridge
    -Mica

• p8m6bwghh9
    Turned out to be a beauty of a day for a walk in the neighborhood
    mzmo37wwoyld.jpeg
  • alleykat69
    alleykat69 Posts: 296 Member
    My go to fall/winter meal is crackpot chili and cornbread. Just your basic chili just cooked on low all day in a crackpot. Get home from work and dig in. lol!
  • p8m6bwghh9
    I didn’t really have chili until I was introduced to frito pie and chili cheese tots while living in Texas. I also learned how many versions there were and to ask how hot it was before trying. I agree with cornbread is fantastic.
  • lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 1,257 Member
    I am not a chili person at all. But I do love appple crisp in the fall!

j5aco4v3h2hp.jpg
This discussion has been closed.