Trying to substitute sugar

I am a coffee lover and I like it very sweet. What has work for you to stop that habit ?

Replies

• hpkhpk1
    hpkhpk1 Posts: 1 Member
    I like my coffee sweet too. I use cinnamon when brewing my coffee which takes away some of the bitter taste allowing me to cut back on sugar. I reduced the amount of sugar a 1/2 teaspoon at a time until I got down to 2 teaspoons form 4 teaspoons. I hope this will help you also.
  • ConnieSTanner
    ConnieSTanner Posts: 8 Member
    Coffee and tea are my life. I went from using sugar to using my protein shakes as creamer. I also add masala tea spice to my coffee grounds and that gives it an kick of flavor and I don't notice that there is less than 1g of sugar in my coffee or tea.
  • StefcheGagaleski1
    StefcheGagaleski1 Posts: 2 Member
    edited October 20
    Hello Dilcia. Happy weekend, and I’m confident your day is going well. I have two ways to approach losing your cravings for sugar, one considers your coffee taste buds and the other works in all circumstances. The first is to use nut or wholegrain-based milk that has a higher amount of carbohydrates in it, making sure you read the nutrition labels so the carbs come from nuts, coconut or whole grains. The second, and my preferred approach, is to replace all of your sugar intake with honey, that will mean you get to have your sweetness from the subtle differences in honey. Honey is the most effective sugar that provides your body with sugar without the cravings. You can have 1,2 or 3 tablespoons of honey per meal and on the rare occasion 5+ tablespoons of honey. I have lost 15 kg using this trialled and tested way. I hope this helps you to cultivate this new habit. Best of luck.