OT - Football Talk, 10/03 - 10/07

Philtex
Philtex Posts: 1,132 Member
The long football weekend kicks off with Tampa at Atlanta on Thursday Night Football, and ends with New Orleans at KC on Monday night. There are plenty of college and NFL games in between. What do you expect from your favorite team(s) or player(s)? How did they do this weekend? What about those teams you love to hate? This thread is here for all your football talk.

Replies

• Philtex
    The trade rumor here in Dallas is that Amari Cooper will come back to the Cowboys. Brian, have you heard anything like that? This talk will probably pickup after the Steelers blow out the Cowboys on Sunday night.
  • Philtex
    Oct. 3 is the first of 55 consecutive days with at least one top-level FBS college football game or an NFL game. There won’t be a day without a college football or NFL game until Nov. 27, the day before Thanksgiving. Too much? Shouldn't October be about baseball? Should Friday nights be reserved for high school football? Your thoughts?
  • misterhub
    misterhub Posts: 6,544 Member
    I am going to be on vacation for the next couple of weeks, and my schedule is really full. So, I probably will not get to participate as much as I normally would do.

That said, I am convinced that there are too many games, overall, with regard to sports in general. I understand its for money for the leagues and networks, but as well for the legal bookies. However, I don't think it's healthy for the players, and I don't think it's good for fans. It can serve to cheapen the product.

But, hey, I'm a grumpy old man. ;)
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,821 Member
    That was one wild football game in Atlanta last night.
  • Philtex
    Have a fun and safe vacation Greg. BTW, I'm a grumpy old man too.
  • Philtex
    lowbar31 wrote: »
    That was one wild football game in Atlanta last night.

Indeed!
  • crewahl
    crewahl Posts: 4,330 Member
    Philtex wrote: »
    Oct. 3 is the first of 55 consecutive days with at least one top-level FBS college football game or an NFL game. There won’t be a day without a college football or NFL game until Nov. 27, the day before Thanksgiving. Too much? Shouldn't October be about baseball? Should Friday nights be reserved for high school football? Your thoughts?

I did NOT know that. It seems every sport is trying fill up a full year calendar. I mean, there’s something wrong when hockey playoffs take place in the summer.

I do think that the short weeks in the NFL aren’t good for the players or for the product, since there’s less time for recovery and less to to prepare a game plan.
  • Philtex
    Brian - I see that your Gophers beat No. 11 USC. Nice win.
  • imastar2
    imastar2 Posts: 6,178 Member
    I've was the highlights of Vandy beating Alabama. Really surprising. 1st time in Vandy's history that they beat a number a #1 team. I think Bama might have been in a high knocking off Georgia last week.
  • Brian_19
    Brian_19 Posts: 1,229 Member
    Brian - I see that your Gophers beat No. 11 USC. Nice win.

A very entertaining game. I wish I was there in person.
  • Brian_19
    Brian_19 Posts: 1,229 Member
    The trade rumor here in Dallas is that Amari Cooper will come back to the Cowboys. Brian, have you heard anything like that? This talk will probably pickup after the Steelers blow out the Cowboys on Sunday night.

Not hearing anything. It's looking like a frustrating campaign for CLE, so I wouldn't rule it out. Coop has not been himself this season and he's in a contract year. Bit of a mystery.
  • Philtex
    Cowboys won with a touchdown in the final minute. I'm happy with the win, although I really didn't expect it. Now they need to get some guys healthy.