nz6f5gcbm7
nz6f5gcbm7 Posts: 1 Member
Hello Everyone 😊
I'm new here and starting my WFPB journey. Looking for like minded people and encouragement. Glad I found this group.

Replies

• Mihani
    Mihani Posts: 4,069 Member
    Hi there @nz6f5gcbm7 and welcome to the group! It's not as intimidating to go WFPB as people think. I was already vegetarian but actually found that I was enjoying my food more when I gave up dairy 12 or 14 years ago, because I started really exploring different things like fruits I'd never tried and a variety of grains instead of the usual rice or quinoa. I always did eat a lot of veggies, but discovering new ways to prepare them was fun. And the amazing variety of beans in the world, I had no idea.

I think most of us here started out with reading Dr. Fuhrman's Eat to Live at some point in our lives, but since those days there is so much more info, books and websites galore. I often recommend to people just starting out the Engine 2 Seven Day Rescue book. It lays out really simple ways to dive into this way of eating and doesn't overwhelm with technical and medical jargon.

We run a monthly thread just because it's easier for us to check in with each other although you are always welcome to post new threads as well. We're a small group but pretty active, usually at least a couple people checking in daily. Looking forward to hearing how things go with you as you start your WFPB life.

• magic71755
    magic71755 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited October 6
    Welcome NZ ... join us on the Monthly Thread...
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10924745/oh-my-goodness-its-october#latest
    easier to keep track... see you there! 3iv6gr08l65k.png
  • bisky
    bisky Posts: 1,067 Member
    Welcome NZ!

Is there a specific issue you need encouragement on? This is a wonderful group. Jump right in.

Bisky