Curious

Options
So I have been doing pretty good on my eating and have added in the shred to most of my days and when I hopped on the scale this morning i was expecting some loss and I saw a gain. Is this just a bump before a big loss or what? I am confused and trying VERY hard to no get discouraged.

Replies

• KinzieElise
    KinzieElise Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    I know it's a horrible cliche and not worded very well (it has started quite a few arguments worded this way) but muscle weighs more than fat. At least, the way I understand the concept is that you are exercising and building up muscle, which weighs more per square inch than fat. The point of Jillian's workout is that it builds muscle and burns fat with the cardio, but it takes a bit of time to show up. So, without knowing how long you've been doing 30DS it's hard to say whether it's just a bump or one of the many other ways weight can fluctuate that I'm sure you've heard of.
  • Sassy_Cass
    Sassy_Cass Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Hey Beautiful,

Dont worry too much about those numbers quite yet, your body is starting something new. Just make sure that you are focusing on what you eat, you want to fuel your body, and that you are putting in a solid effort every time you hit play.

Although Kinzie is technically correct, I do not think you are quite at that stage, the increase is most likely due to water ... or if you're still breast feeding - extra milk, I know that might weight can fluctuate almost 5 lbs in a day depending on whether I am full :wink: or if my son just fed.

Make sure you drink a TUN of water and I am sure you will see those numbers drop (ps, try measuring your inches, you may see the changes happening there :flowerforyou:)
  • BeautifulMe322
    BeautifulMe322 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Thanks! and Nope no BF'in here she weened herself at 4 months... to many other things to look at. I thought it was a strike so I persisted on but she never came back to it, would push off and scream :(

Kinzie, I am only on day 5, I just thought I would see some weight loss faster. That is half my trouble I am an instant gratification person, its why I get so distracted so easily.
  • ziggypop93
    ziggypop93 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Don't get discouraged! When I first started working out this happened to me too. Try so hard to stay off the scale for like a week or so.
  • trixie315
    trixie315 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Sassy is right, take measurements as you'll prob see the difference there sooner. I heard from a friend who finished this last month that she didn't really see a loss until the month was over and then had a huge loss of 4 lbs. Don't give up hope, it's building a lot of muscle :)
  • p1xyn1xy
    p1xyn1xy Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I've had this problem for the last week. I checked out the other forums. They mentioned that when you get that burn and your muscles are sore... you can retain water. Probably part of the muscle building/ healing process. They mentioned that this happened a lot in the first week. then saw more results in the second week and the best in the third. Hope this helps.... lol! its helping me. :)