Living the Lifestyle Wildcard 10/15/24

Flintwinch
Flintwinch Posts: 1,073 Member
edited October 15 in Social Groups
This is a thread for everyone. If you're new to GoaD, or to weight loss, your questions and comments are always welcome. If you're maintaining, or a long-term loser, your thoughts on the topic may be just what someone else needs to hear. If you're reading this, join in the discussion!

Each weekday, a new topic is offered up for discussion.

Monday - crewahl (Charlie)
Tuesday – Wildcard
Wednesday-misterhub (Greg)
Thursday -imastar2 (Derrick)
Friday - Wildcard

Today's Topic: Eat Your Vegetables

It's recommended that we get five--count 'em--servings of vegetables a day. There are many beneficial nutrients in vegetables and WW counts almost all of them at Zero Points. How do you eat your vegetables? Plain? Added to a soup, smoothie, egg dish, etc? Do you use a low-calorie dip? Other ways you incorporate vegetables into your diet?

Replies

• Flintwinch
    Flintwinch Posts: 1,073 Member
    I seldom meet the 5 servings of vegetables (3 oz/serving) guidelines, but I'm trying to improve. Some ways I work vegetables into the day (1) I saute vegetables with olive oil, adding herbs. (2) I roast vegetables, a favorite way because of the rich flavor from roasting. (3) I add plain vegetables to salads, for example, carrots, beets, tomatoes, squash, cucumbers. (4) I regularly add them to Fall soups. (5) I incorporate them into casseroles or baked dishes. (6} As part of a sandwich. I think I would get closer to goal if I ate some vegetables for breakfast, say in an omelet or scrambled eggs.