Caffeine

Options
JCHH88
JCHH88 Posts: 37 Member
Hi everyone,
Induction rules state that I can't have caffeine for the first two weeks? Did others stick to this, or continue to drink coffee and still lose?

Replies

• christineellis
    christineellis Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I need my coffee with 3 kids and a full time job, but if you can give it up for 2 weeks, go for it!
  • linbert57
    linbert57 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I don't give up coffee - it keeps me sane. I did stop adding sweetener though
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    Induction rules state that I can't have caffeine for the first two weeks? Did others stick to this, or continue to drink coffee and still lose?

Which rules ? Current Atkins thinking is that caffeine is fine.
  • JCHH88
    JCHH88 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Maybe I was reading an old version. I am a member of another low carb forum and was told that caffeine, as well as too much cheese can hold up weight loss. I think I'm just seeking answers as to why I haven't lost any weight on induction yet.
    Its probably a good thing I give up anyway, as I will be planning on getting pregnant soon and wont want to drink caffeine whilst pregnant.
  • christineellis
    christineellis Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Maybe I was reading an old version. I am a member of another low carb forum and was told that caffeine, as well as too much cheese can hold up weight loss. I think I'm just seeking answers as to why I haven't lost any weight on induction yet.
    Its probably a good thing I give up anyway, as I will be planning on getting pregnant soon and wont want to drink caffeine whilst pregnant.

I agree on the cheese. I need to watch that myself. Good for you for giving up caffeine. Even if you switch to green tea first, that might help?
  • Funky_Mabel
    Funky_Mabel Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    never read that, stay on the caffine or you will have to deal with that issue the same time as getting use to new way of eating