Who Are You? Intros all around...

Options
juliemouse83
juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
Since we're going to be working out together, we should get to know each other. This might help us find accountability buddies. :flowerforyou:

My name is Julie, but my friends call me Jules or Mouse. I'm 48, live in eastern North Carolina, USA. I've been married almost ten years, have three grown sons from a previous marriage, and have seven dogs. I work as an administrative supervisor at a local hospital and have been there 12 years. My husband is disabled due to a degenerative disc disease, so strength training has been wonderful, because he is very limited in what he can lift, so I do the heavy stuff.

I have been lifting heavy since mid-February of this year, and it is my exercise of choice. I started out with Mehdi's 5x5, and over the last few weeks have been doing a Nia Shanks program that i wanted to like, but it just seemed really scattered to me, and wasn't something I enjoyed as much. I've run two 5Ks this year; a mud run and a color run and have another color run coming up next month. The first one was because it sounded like fun. It was hard. I don't love running when I'm not out there doing it. The second one was because I wanted to redeem myself after re-injuring my back during the first one. I took a six week break from lifting in mid-June due to a pinched nerve. That sucked, in that I had just hit really good PRs in early June. Six weeks and it was like starting over, lol. I've been looking for a good program that I can do four times a week, and found this one early last week, and then found this group, so that was awesome!

So, it's nice to meet you, and I look forward to getting to know you all! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• SuperCrsa
    SuperCrsa Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Hi Julie!

My name is Charissa, I am 28 years old. Living in the East Rand of South Africa :)

Last year I joined MFP and made really good losses, January I slacked off and have been back on here since August.
    So I am 1 kg from my goal weight at this moment. I am dissapointed that I put so much back on AGAIN, I have been struggling with my weight for quite a while. Leaving high school I was 71kgs, that has been my lowest weight. High protein, cardio, diet supplements etc. and I looked in the mirror and just saw fat! Looking back that was a sad moment knowing I had an awesome body maybe even too thin and I thought I was fat!

I have always been a cardio person.
    But seeing a lot of posts on here really wanted me to try some weight training. Ive done some researching, youtube videos etc and found this program which seems easy enough to follow and I am doing this!!

I dont know where my body is going, I am 93kgs now, goal is 80kgs and then I want to see from there.
    I want to be healthy, I want to eat and enjoy life, and I want a rocking body that makes me feel GREAT!

I work from home on a plot, or agricultural holding in Benoni. Work for an accounts company in Johannesburg. Work from home. I am a chilled laid back person, and I just want to enjoy the best life now. :)

Uhm...

Yeah thats me.

C
  • SuperCrsa
    SuperCrsa Posts: 790 Member
    Options

So I am 1 kg from my goal weight at this moment.

C

I meant I am 1kg from the weight I was when I slacked off!!
    lol

Got 13 more to go to the proper goal weight.