Week 1 check in

Options
Good Morning my fellow loggers!! Today marks the end of week 1 of our September challenge. I woke up at my sisters this morning to a box of a dozen doughnuts. At tempted as I was I went to the pantry and got some Cheerios. I enjoyed my bowl while the rest of my family, including my husband pigged out. No thanks!! It's not a food that is in line with my goals!

What did you have to overcome this week?

How many workouts were you able to get in?

Did you log your food each and every day? If not, what stopped you?

Here's to a healthy week ahead of us!!

Replies

• Cavy1234
    Cavy1234 Posts: 28 Member
    Options

Great job for not giving into the call of the doughnuts! That would have been a hard battle for me. Awesome job! :flowerforyou:

This week, I had to overcome a busy and erratic schedule. My husband had some days where he worked day-shift, some where he worked night-shift (requiring him to sleep all day), and he was often on a completely different meal schedule than the rest of the family. So instead of fixing three meals a day for my family, I had to go back into the kitchen to fix an additional 3 meals for my husband. So there was a lot of extra time spent in the kitchen (temptation...eek! :noway: ). And I was spending a lot of time planning my son's birthday party for Friday night. I'm a big-time planner (lists, lists, and more lists. :)).

I wasn't able to get as many workouts as I had planned. Part is due to the busy schedule, and part admittedly was just laziness. There was time, but often I just wanted to savor the few minutes I was able to sit and do nothing more than get lost in web searches online. :)

I didn't log my food every day, but I always intended to. Like I said above, part was just the erratic schedule I kept, and part was just not wanting to do it.

The birthday is behind me now, but my husband's erratic schedule will continue. Tonight is a 'sleep all day' type of day for him, so I'll be fixing my family's meals on their normal schedule, but then I'll make breakfast for my husband around 5pm, lunch around 8pm (that he'll take to work with him--packed lunch), and I'll fix dinner for him around 8am tomorrow morning. :laugh: This schedule will be a part of my life, from time to time as he needs to work nights, so I'm just going to have to focus better and remember my goals. I think I'll post them up somewhere so I can see them often. Maybe on the front of the refrigerator. :smile:

Have a fantastic week! :)
  • fitbye45
    Options
    Good Morning my fellow loggers!! Today marks the end of week 1 of our September challenge. I woke up at my sisters this morning to a box of a dozen doughnuts. At tempted as I was I went to the pantry and got some Cheerios. I enjoyed my bowl while the rest of my family, including my husband pigged out. No thanks!! It's not a food that is in line with my goals!

Good Morning,

I had a stressful weekend working and grabbed the Fritos bag but didn't overdue it best of all at the end of the day I grabbed a salad instead of hot wings and fries! I am determined to not let my stress take over.

I worked out 4 days. I am following a 6 week training to run a 5k.

I logged food everyday since I started 2 weeks ago except once and that was due to work deadlines.

I am committed and mindful.

As long as we are mindful we can get this done.

Have a great week fellow MFP's
  • 2dogzrule
    2dogzrule Posts: 245 Member
    Options

One of my weaknesses is pizza and I had to run in and order my husband two slices yesterday and then be tortured by holding it on the way home! We had just hiked for almost 2 hours and I burned over 700 calories, so I kept thinking don't be tempted to get yourself a slice of pizza, you'll destroy all of those calories in one slice. Meanwhile, my husband has the mentality that I should have one because of all the calories I just burnt. I came home, made an egg sandwich and had a handful of almonds for my lunch instead.

I got in 7 workouts this week, between hiking, walking and my elliptical. Feeling sore today, but a good sore, after the hiking/rock climbing event of yesterday!

I logged my food all week, even a guess at my dinner out on Friday, which was mexican food. I usually go out or have one meal a week that is whatever I want as I don't think it's good to completely deprive myself of the things I really like. I lost 2 lbs. this week, which is consistent with my goal.
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,432 Member
    Options

.... so I'll be fixing my family's meals on their normal schedule, but then I'll make breakfast for my husband around 5pm, lunch around 8pm (that he'll take to work with him--packed lunch), and I'll fix dinner for him around 8am tomorrow morning. :laugh: This schedule will be a part of my life, from time to time as he needs to work nights, so I'm just going to have to focus better and remember my goals. I think I'll post them up somewhere so I can see them often. Maybe on the front of the refrigerator. :smile:

Have a fantastic week! :)

If you don't have a crock-pot (also known as a slow-cooker) I suggest you get one - Put everything for your husband's supper in it at 8:00 PM, set the ON switch to Low, and he can serve himself a complete hot meal at 8:00 AM. Works for potatoes / veg / chops (or chicken leg etc) or stew or chilli etc. Set on High, it cooks everythihg in about 6 hours. I used one alot when I was living alone, (more than 2 decades ago) when I had to come home from work, bolt supper and head out to a night class. The kind with the removable inner pot is the best for cleaning. And sites such as allrecipes.com and similar one have oodles of recipes.
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,432 Member
    Options
    I MOSTLY brought both breakfasts and lunches with me to work. My focus is more on gettng the food issues right than the workouts at the moment, as the workouts I tend to do aren't enough to compensate for over-sugared eating. And last week was my first week back after a 2 wk vacation .... and vacation was when I baked my Peach Cream Pie (2 people eating something that serves at least 10) and Practically Perfect Chocolate Chip cookies (from the 1980's when butter and sugar were still exceptable ingregients) I haven't made either of them in years.

I did finish scanning all the recipes my BFF and I found in some magazines (gotta give the printer back to my University-student son by next weekend) and bought some kake for the first time, to try making some "green smoothies". In the magazines I also found a set of 5 recipes each for a bunch of high nutrition foods like almond / almond milk / greek yoghurt / kale / lentels.

And I am working on both improving my water-consumption consistency and my logging consistency.
  • junoja
    junoja Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Had a pretty good week last week. I logged my food every day and worked out 6 of 7 days. Including a good calorie burn playing racquetball with against my two sons.
    I have long been battling migraines and have had almost a constant headache this last week.
    Even did good when my husband and sons wanted to order a pizza Saturday night. They had their pizza and I had a big salad.

Hope everyone has a great week!
  • aries1072
    Options

Good morning,
    I had a pretty lazy week all the way around. Coming off of my cycle I find that my engery level is just not there. I didn't log in the later part of the week and I was only able to get one workout in and that was on Saturday morning. Hoping for a much better effort this week. #Iammyroadblock
  • aries1072
    Options
    I am not sure why my traker didn't update, but I am down 2 lbs. Most likely water weight, but I will take it.

221 lbs.
  • sunshine421969
    sunshine421969 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    On the 7th was my grandson's 1st birthday..We had him a party and I was on my feet for over 5 hours, I did eat some cake and it was good,,but made me feel YUCKY afterwards..I was wore out and ended up falling asleep early Saturday night and forgot to log my foods..I have started my week off right this morning with 12 mins on the elliptical 100 cal..and 65 mins Zumba 684 cal..I plan to get more water in also..Have a great week everyone :wink:
  • sasbw27
    sasbw27 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    Great job with the losses and workouts everyone!

Not eating some delicious food that my husband had left over from a dinner. I wanted some so badly but I didn't give in.

5 out of 7

yes

Good luck all!
  • Cavy1234
    Cavy1234 Posts: 28 Member
    Options

If you don't have a crock-pot (also known as a slow-cooker) I suggest you get one - Put everything for your husband's supper in it at 8:00 PM, set the ON switch to Low, and he can serve himself a complete hot meal at 8:00 AM. Works for potatoes / veg / chops (or chicken leg etc) or stew or chilli etc. Set on High, it cooks everythihg in about 6 hours. I used one alot when I was living alone, (more than 2 decades ago) when I had to come home from work, bolt supper and head out to a night class. The kind with the removable inner pot is the best for cleaning. And sites such as allrecipes.com and similar one have oodles of recipes.

:happy: Believe it or not, I just talked to my husband last night about this, and I told him I should start using my crockpot more often. I have a larger family-size one, but I also have a smaller one that would be perfect for a meal for 2 people, so that would give him a hearty dinner...or a normal meal with leftovers, depending on his appetite. Thanks for the reminder of how great crockpots are! :)

Now I have to flip through my cookbooks tonight. :smile:
  • junkformomma
    Options

This week my husband and I were on a big calorie deficit (always hungry). We have steadily been increasing our activity and we finally adjusted our activity level on MFP to reflect this and it added a few more daily calories. The exhaustion is better now.

I got in workouts on 6 out of 7 days. On the one day I was too busy canning pears to get in a workout, but I only ate one of them...lol!

I logged every day and had a weigh in with 2 pounds lost. Good week all around!
  • SLKMERC
    SLKMERC Posts: 70 Member
    Options

I managed to get 3 runs in last week which I have been trying to do for about 5 weeks! Yay! I didn't let anything get in the way or make any excuses!

4 out of 2. Yes I did two more than usual!

No, all was going well to the usual weekend. Daft but I though been as I had managed 3 whole runs I deserved to treat myself, I should choose something other than food as a treat!

Back to it!
  • Mizkatemay
    Mizkatemay Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I am a little late (was camping with no internet access) but something must of worked because I lost weight and making sure I am moving one way or another (walking, playing soccer with my kids). I even signed up to help coach soccer to make sure that I get some exercise in with my kids :D