Wait, what? Go from 90 seconds to 3minutes in week 3?

Options
2»

Replies

• btsinmd
    btsinmd Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    You guys are right - it is mental. I completed week 3 day 1 yesterday and it was fine! I just went slow. Thank you!

Terrific!
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    You guys are right - it is mental. I completed week 3 day 1 yesterday and it was fine! I just went slow. Thank you!

This is a huge win that lays a foundation for the rest of your running career.
  • mmipanda
    mmipanda Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    It is totally a mental thing, you guys are right. I just completed w3d3 and looking at w4 scared the crap out of me.

In the 'cooldown' time i decided to go all out and run a bit extra. I ran flat out (10.5k/h) for over a minute!
  • thehealthy86
    thehealthy86 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Glad I wasn't the only one who thought W3 is a huge jump from W2. I'll be completing W2D2 tonight and I made the mistake of checking out W3. I'm just trying to stay excited!
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Glad I wasn't the only one who thought W3 is a huge jump from W2. I'll be completing W2D2 tonight and I made the mistake of checking out W3. I'm just trying to stay excited!

I felt the same way, but remember to pace yourself. If you have to go slower to complete it, that's fine. Good luck. :smile:
  • likitisplit
    Options

Repeat after me: "What they've asked me to do has been crazy since day 1. And I did it then too."
  • debbiestern
    debbiestern Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just made the leap from week 3 to week 4 this morning. I was really worried about it - going from 3 minutes to 6 minutes. I repeated the last day of week 3 one extra time. And it actually went fine. So I guess I'm capable of more than I thought. :-)
  • Rai007
    Rai007 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    today was my w4 d1
    and i did the 30 minute run

i have never done running before and i am obese.
  • likitisplit
    Options
    So I guess I'm capable of more than I thought. :-)

This is the main lesson of C25k. It's less about running than about letting your body and mind come through for you.
  • teamAmelia
    Options
    today was my w4 d1

Funny, I was going through older posts and was going to ask you if you're on wk 5 (20-min run) yet. What program are you using? Is that a typo or did you mean that you did w4 and ran more and finished 30 minutes?
  • rainbow_Moonbeam
    Options

I did mind yesterday too and it went fine! Just go slowly and it helped me to look at something quite far away and tell myself I was going to jog to it but no further and was pleasantly surprised when I was told to stop before I got there. (I knew it would be more than 3 minutes but it helped me to aim farther then stop short rather than aiming for 3 minutes and pushing myself to continue.)
  • Rai007
    Rai007 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    today was my w4 d1

Funny, I was going through older posts and was going to ask you if you're on wk 5 (20-min run) yet. What program are you using? Is that a typo or did you mean that you did w4 and ran more and finished 30 minutes?

actully, i followed my own program after W1 .according to c25k i was on W4.
  • teamAmelia
    Options
    today was my w4 d1

actully, i followed my own program after W1 .according to c25k i was on W4.

If you ran for 30 minutes straight, according to my program, you're on wk 9 and completed the program.
  • teamAmelia
    Options

I did mind yesterday too and it went fine! Just go slowly and it helped me to look at something quite far away and tell myself I was going to jog to it but no further and was pleasantly surprised when I was told to stop before I got there. (I knew it would be more than 3 minutes but it helped me to aim farther then stop short rather than aiming for 3 minutes and pushing myself to continue.)

Just wait until you get to 20+ minutes. You're going to look back at this and laugh at how easy it was. Can't wait until you get there. :smile:
    Repeat after me: "What they've asked me to do has been crazy since day 1. And I did it then too."
    *like*
    I just made the leap from week 3 to week 4 this morning. I was really worried about it - going from 3 minutes to 6 minutes. I repeated the last day of week 3 one extra time. And it actually went fine. So I guess I'm capable of more than I thought. :-)
    Congrats. I haven't read every post in a while, so, I don't know if you struggled with wk 3. But, for future reference, if you completed all of a certain wk, I wouldn't repeat that wk to prepare for the next wk bc if you completed it, there's no need to redo/practice it. You could use that time to actually just dive into the next wk that you're scared you're not going to finish, and surprise yourself by finishing it. If you don't finish it, *that's* the wk that you need to redo until you finish it. :smile: Good luck on wk 4.
  • lalamom03
    lalamom03 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I actually just finished week 3 day 2 and when i saw week 4 day 1 i was a little nervous too!! I always hated running and a friend told me about this app so i decided to give it a try. the first day i could barley do the 1 min and i thought, i am not going to be able to do this, but i dont like to give up so i finished the first day and i was so proud of myself. I guess the thing i learned is its not a race so i went slower, I call it Wogging (walking/Jogging) lol