jen_zz
jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
Really depressed.. but this helped me a little:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pa_8XbFZzNg&list=PL83F8E8F218139C13

Replies

• eso2012
    eso2012 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Me too, but want to be positive. I am about to start a diary ..see my other post. Join me?

Will watch the video, thanks for sharing.
    ES
  • eso2012
    eso2012 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I watched part of the video. I REALLY appreciate the fact that she brought up "biochemically-based" depression as opposed to the more emotional kind. I belong to the former and am on life-long anti-depressant. I am a very outgoing and optimistic person and have a great prof reputation, so not what people tend to consider as a depressive (from the outside at least).

The video is a very timely reminder for me that I have been feeling "off" and it did set off the binge cycles which i have not had for ages. Probably because on top of everything, I have been exercising regularly and it is agreat boost biochemically speaking. But once something triggers off an off-path, it was easy to start a domino effect

Thank you very much for this video. I can see that the girl has many other videos with great reponsews on Youtube.

I hope you are feeling better..or post more so we can all chat!
  • jen_zz
    jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! Her videos have great practical advice. I think I seriously have self hatred which makes me do actions that self sabotage. I think affirmations help me to try to gain a bit of confidence.