If you know now what you do... what would you suggest?

Options
arnpjenn
arnpjenn Posts: 1,377 Member
If you know now what you do... what would you suggest to a newbie to EM2LM?

I started my reset a month ago.

I'm in that bloated feeling that will go away if I cut back down on the processed foods... I need to focus more on my macros. Having more calories- I've been filling them with carbs... Having indulgance with my birthday this weekend didn't help matters either (ate way more than I should have).

I plan to continue in the reset mode for another month to give it the full 8 weeks.

Out of curiosity- when I do start to cut- it appears that most recommend the TDEE -15% but I'm curious as to what is recommended workout wise. I have access to a gym at work & try to do cardio 2 days/week (intervals on the eliptical vs HIIT on the treadmill for 40 minutes) & lift weights on the other 2 days. I've also read from some of you to take a rest day after strength training. So should I do cardio Mon/Thurs & lift Tues/Fri to allow for rest days on Wed & Sat?

What other pointers would you recommend?

Replies

• Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    I would suggest not stressing out over the scale, learn about what is going to happen when you start eating more, take everything slow and try to hit your calorie goal while meeting macro's for protein.

As for workouts, most Dr recommend 3-5 days of moderate activity (1 hr a day give or take).. so since you have access to a gym with weights (hopefully its more than just machines or a small office gym) I would do 3 days of weight lifting, 2 days of cardio.. you need rest day(s) or you alternate between major muscle groups (upper one day, lower other, get the rest the last day). Make your weight lifting days challenging, add weight, and when doing cardio push yourself don't rest in that its challenging but your not dying zone.