Time for a confession...

Options
The last two months since my Gastric Bypass Surgery has been sooooo crazy! We lost our house and so many other things went wrong!! Well, my diet suffered and now I am REALLY struggling! My operation date was 18 July 2013...

Please give me advice... I am too scared to contact my doctor, because he won't be happy... also, we are now in a different province and about 1400km away from him...

Replies

• calicat40
    calicat40 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I have the band and have been gaining weight. I let it go too long and am up 30 pounds from last year. I have bitten the bullett and made an appointment to go in and have a discussion and have my band looked at. I am embarrassed, angry and sad all at the same time about this and know that my doctor will be kind, supportive and have good advice for me. I suggest you bite the bullett and go see the doc, or at least call him. Do you have support groups in your area? Those are also really good to try to attend. Definately confessing is good and start working on getting back on track. I slipped over the weekend and had bad things, the scale told the truth this morning when I stepped on it and so I did my protein shake and will have a weight watcher lunch and protein shake for dinner. Little steps, and dont beat yourself up. We are our worst enemies sometimes.
  • JoelleAnn78
    JoelleAnn78 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    I agree, Daisy. We cannot live in shame and fear -- that's what got us fat! Your Dr may be disappointed, however, it is still very early and I think you can easily get back on track! Even if you just called to say, "I'm struggling." You need a referral to a new provider anyway, since you've moved so far away now. Please don't beat yourself up over this set-back. You've had a lot going on -- and you are reaching out now. Let this be the end of the slip and the beginning of the new start. :smile:

And, please know that I am here to support you as are your other friends on MFP! Use us :flowerforyou:
  • annwyatt69
    annwyatt69 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I agree, Daisy. We cannot live in shame and fear -- that's what got us fat! Your Dr may be disappointed, however, it is still very early and I think you can easily get back on track! Even if you just called to say, "I'm struggling." You need a referral to a new provider anyway, since you've moved so far away now. Please don't beat yourself up over this set-back. You've had a lot going on -- and you are reaching out now. Let this be the end of the slip and the beginning of the new start. :smile:

And, please know that I am here to support you as are your other friends on MFP! Use us :flowerforyou:

^^^This^^^ I don't think I could have said it any better. Big hugs to you!