Reading Recommendations?

Options
I am just beginning this journey of clean eating and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for websites, magazines or books that you found helpful when you started.

I am really wanting to accomplish this but am finding myself floundering with no direction. Plus I have been without internet for 5 out of the 9 days since I have started. I like to stay motivated with reading about something I want to do or am interested in. Thanks for your input!

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    A good intro to doable clean eating:
    100 days of real food.
    http://www.100daysofrealfood.com/

In Defense of Food by Michael Pollan is a real eye opener.
  • ArlVAMom
    ArlVAMom Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I just read Jackie Warner's "This is Why You're Fat" and really liked it.
  • ericasturn
    ericasturn Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Tak you both I will look into those............ was it a difficult change for you or did you move toward it easily?? Bottom line did you lose wight when you did it. I have 30 pounds to lose and nothing I do seems to get it off. So discouraged. But still willing to keep plugging along!
  • Bernadette60614
    Bernadette60614 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    May I suggest something:

Instead of trying to give up all animal products, try instead eating more whole foods: grains, beans, fruits, veggies. I found it easier to "move towards something" rather than moving away from something.

BTW, great photo!
  • Mslmesq
    Mslmesq Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I agree with the Michael Pollan book. It was a huge eye opener for me as well. So was Food In., the movie.

Bookwise, I also recommend French Women don't get Fat.
  • ccb1128
    Options
    Mark's Daily Apple is my go-to website - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/

Practical Paleo by Diane Sanfillipo is the book I keep on hand for grocery/recipe ideas as well as just generally keeping me on track.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    May I suggest something:

Instead of trying to give up all animal products, try instead eating more whole foods: grains, beans, fruits, veggies. I found it easier to "move towards something" rather than moving away from something.

BTW, great photo!
    THIS! And this is when the weight came off.
  • ericasturn
    ericasturn Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I think you have hit the nail on the head. I have been reading the 100 days off read food website and it is really good. Moving towards is a great idea. I like to take what I can live with and move forward!! I will check out the rest of your suggestions too. Thanks!

Oh and thanks for the compliment on the photo!
  • enchantedgardener
    enchantedgardener Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I also endorse Michael Pollan's In Defense of Food.
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Forks over Knives is very interesting as is The China Study.