Cathe's XTRAIN Bundle

Options
Anyone have this? I am looking for a non-cardio program so i can do it at home and not have to go to the gym with limited time. I have her muscle max but i can't just do that 3x per week i will fall asleep! I am just looking to pay under $100 for a program. The beachbody one's are more and also are more cardio it seems and not geared towards weights.

Thoughts??

Replies

• AnitraSoto
    AnitraSoto Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    I have X-Train, but only purchased the lifting ones (Chest, Back & Shoulders, Bis & Tris, and Burn Sets). I like them a lot and throw them into the rotation to swap things up a bit.

Do you have her Gym Style Series? Those are great too! (as is Slow and Heavy)

Nothing beats STS though.... If you keep and eye out, she occasionally has it as her Daily Deal. I got mine for $127 which is an amazing deal for the three month series. It is SO worth the money (even at full price!) - so much better than the Beach Body stuff IMO...
  • rebasporty
    rebasporty Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I agree with AnitraSoto - - I am currently doing STS and love it! I also have the slow and heavy DVD. For me it is like having a personal trainer in my living room. Love it!
  • Deanna_garnermommy
    Options
    I was looking at the slow and heavy one, but then realized if i buy that I will want more. The muscle max is pretty good but i am kind of already tired of it LOL. The STS seems complicated for my pea brain.. you have to do all this testing first and I have no patience with much and really want to just keep on cooking with working out
  • Deanna_garnermommy
    Options
    Do you guys have barbells at home? I am using dumbells. I have 3,5,,10,15 & 20, I have not gotten to my 20s yet though and they are gross metal ones
  • jaeone
    jaeone Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    I was looking at the slow and heavy one, but then realized if i buy that I will want more. The muscle max is pretty good but i am kind of already tired of it LOL. The STS seems complicated for my pea brain.. you have to do all this testing first and I have no patience with much and really want to just keep on cooking with working out
    When I started STS I felt the same way about the 1RM! It is time consuming ! But It is so important to do, so you are lifting at the right weight capacity and are progressing to get the most from your workouts!! Your 1RM personalizes this workout for your strength level. It's not complicated at all. Cathe workout manager is easy to follow! STS is an awesome program!!
  • AnitraSoto
    AnitraSoto Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Yep, STS is the best, and the 1RM Testing does not take too long, and the good thing is that it is a workout in itself, so it's not like you finish and then still have to go do your workout for the day...

Yes, I have an Oly bar, but you don't have to have one for STS - she always has one person doing each exercise with dumbells only. I have accumulated various dumbells over time (just working up as I need them) - currently I have 3, 5, 8, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, and 40s.

Don't underestimate STS - it is 36 different DVDs and you do a new one each workout, never repeating one - keeps it a bit more interesting :-)