Just got a road bike!

Options
_mr_b
_mr_b Posts: 302 Member
Figured I'd add some variety and do a bit of road riding too, got the bike sorted but do I need a new wardrobe too? Or are my
MTB baggies ok? Currently thinking they could act as a parachute :)

Pick the bike up at the weekend so any tips on pedals/shoes/etc much appreciated!

Replies

• jamesha100
    jamesha100 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Road bikes are great for this time of year when going out on your MTB can turn into a mud fest. Baggies will be ok to start but I would get some cheap lycra shorts and bib tights fairly soon. Wiggle have some good deals at the moment.

Re. pedals I tend to use Time ATACs on all my bikes. I do have some Shimano road pedals but do not find the small performance gain worth the hassle of not being able to walk easily off the bike and fast cleat wear.
  • _mr_b
    _mr_b Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    thanks, had the bike a while now and loving it (not as much as MTB though). Have even done the RideLondon which was great fun, albeit the wettest ride ever.

Went down the shimano route for pedals, surprisingly still on my first set of cleats although the next set are on the workbench and will be needed soon I expect. Main issue is there's now twice as many purchases to sneak past the missus :lol: