Welcome! (Start Here)

Options
Please bare with me in the beginning :) I have a lot of great information to get to you all but it will be slow at first.

Here are some guidelines for the group:

-Respect for all living things should be taken in account: This means no talk/recipes/suggesting non vegan foods. (Including
Honey). Along with this, if a member is feeding their animal (cat, dog or otherwise) a vegan diet, we are to respect that.

-Please respect your fellow members. We are here to lend support and love to one another. A good rule to follow is "if you don't have anything nice to say...don't say it at all."

Guidelines For Diet/Lifestyle:

To find your healthy vibrant self we believe in following a diet(many times I will refer to lifestyle) that we as humans are biologically designed for. This ultimately means a raw diet high in fruits and tender leafy greens.

We want to aim for the 80/10/10 ratio whether we are eating exclusively raw or cooked.
80% or more calories coming from Carbohydrates
10% or less calories coming from Fat
10% or less calories coming from Protein

Many of us come here looking for weight loss. Here, health is #1. A healthy body will follow on a healthy lifestyle that will including the percentages above should also include adequate sleep, sun, water and exercise.

Water:
2.5-3 liters(or more)
Sleep:
8+ hours(or more)
Exercise:
Aim for at least 20 minutes a day of something that gets your body moving. It doesn't have to be all at once, we understand those busy moms out there and those who work at the desk :)

Calories:
This isn't a group that will ever promote or suggest calorie restriction. Humans not long ago did not even know what a calorie was none the less restricted them. They ate for energy(calories are a measurement of energy). In these days we calorie restrict and over work ourselves leaving us feeling deprived, tired and sick and leaving us to resort to stimulants(energy drinks, chocolate/cacao, caffeine pills, coffee/tea). These stimulants along with energy restricting, overworking and under sleeping lead to adrenal fatigue among many other problems.

Here I will suggest caloric goals to work towards. Not everyone will be able to eat in these quantities but eventually it will be easy. If you are sticking to the recommendations eating this amount of food/energy will not affect your weight negatively.

Women:
Aim for at least 2,000 calories a day.
2,500 or more calories if active
3,500 or more if pregnant or breastfeeding

Men:
3,000 or more calories a day
3,500 or more calories if active

What Do I Eat?

Find a staple food

For those eating raw this would be high energy foods such as,

-Banana
-Mango
-Dates
-Watermelon

For those eating cooked

-Rice
-Quinoa
-Oats
-Potatoes/Sweet Potatoes
-Squash

Tender leafy greens are very important as well. Some include

-Romaine
-Bib
-Green Leaf, red leaf
Ect.

Note: Greens like Kale and Spinach are high in insoluble fiber and oxaltes. This can be a problem so we recommend keeping those to a minimum.

What To Refrain From:
-Protein powders, elixirs, potions, powders and supplements.
-Colonics, enemas ect.
-Spirulina & Chlorella
-Nutritional Yeast
-Vinegar and other fermented foods
-Onions & Garlic
-Oils

*I will soon be posting information on why to avoid these

Recommended Reading:

-80/10/10 By: Dr. Douglas Graham.....Please familurize yourself with this book.
-The works of Herbert Shelton
-Left In The Dark By: Graham Gynn & Tony Wright
-Creating Healthy Children By: Karen Ranzi
(More to come)

This is just our starting point. I will be adding to this information soon to help you all on your way :)

Replies

• babynew
    babynew Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I'm curious as to why no nooch? .. i don't / can't do fermented vinegars etc, but I'm curious why and spirulina also.
  • danikanoodles
    danikanoodles Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Chlorella/Spirulina:
    *http://www.livestrong.com/article/494368-the-harmful-effects-of-chlorella-spirulina/
    *http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5vdz637DWk

Cacao/Chocolate/Cocoa:
    Neurtoxin and Stimulant
    *http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wArks4mczm4

Onions/Garlic:
    Contain potent classified Neurotoxins
    *http://www.rawfoodexplained.com/junk-foods-garlic-and-onions/index.html

Nutritional Yeast:
    *Contains potent Neurotoxins
    * Contains Excitotoxins
    *Contains glutamate(MSG)

Fermented Foods
    *Disrupt digestion and can actually stop the stomach from digesting
    *Are rotted foods not fit for our biologically designed diet
    *http://www.rawfoodexplained.com/fermented-foods/index.html

Oils
    *Pure fat without fiber. They are processed and not a food. Oils cause a slow moving sludge of fat in the blood stream which can lead up to problems with blood sugar, diabetes, candida ect.
    *http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3gF8fR9Suo
  • danikanoodles
    danikanoodles Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I want to make sure that everyone knows that the stuff I recommended are just recommendations of to what myself and many other people who have followed this lifestyle long term have found to be most beneficial.

You don't need to be on point with everything. I know I am not every day but it is something to strive for. I don't want anyone to feel stressed out or down on themselves if they aren't following any of these lifestyles 100%. Were human and not going to be perfect. We live in a world that is far from what we are biologically designed for and that makes it very hard to hit all of these points exactly.

I know for a very long time I have been beating myself up for "falling off the wagon" or not being "pure" enough. It doesn't do good for the emotional aspect of this lifestyle. If your beating yourself up for eating the brownie then stop! It's a brownie, nothing more. It doesn't stop you from taking a hold of the next moment and making it yours and doing your best.

Even just changing one meal a day to be high carb raw or high carb cooked vegan will make a big impact on your health.

If anyone is struggling with anything or have any questions please feel free to post them in the forum or private message me if more comfortable.