Anyone care to share their favorite crock pot recipe?

Options
kkerri
kkerri Posts: 276 Member
I use the crockpot quite often so dinner is done when we get home from work. Looking for some tried and true recipes.

Replies

• spirit80
    spirit80 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Fastpaleo.com has some great crock pot recipes.....
  • aliciap412
    aliciap412 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I've made this breakfast casserole several times and I love it:

http://paleomg.com/easy-crockpot-breakfast-pie/

and this is a close second, since its so easy:

http://www.relishscd.blogspot.com/2013/01/3-ingredient-slow-cooker-buffalo.html
  • GrokRockStarWECHANGED
    Options
    I love crock pot cooking and I usually keep it simple. Sometimes I make slow cook bbq pork ribs, which consist of seasoned ribs, onions, garlic, homeade bbq sauce (low carb) and let cook for about 8hours, yum!
  • LisaGNV
    LisaGNV Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Cut up one onion, one each of red/yellow/orange bell peppers - lay in bottom of crock pot. Over that, place 2-4 lbs of your favorite protein (chicken, beef, pork), season w/ salt, pepper, whatever you like... Let it roll 6-8 hours on low. Shred it in the pot when done. Serve on a bed of broccoli slaw or lettuce or (like we do) - eat it right out of the pot!!
  • blynnblair
    blynnblair Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    My absolute favorite crock pot meal is

http://www.paleocupboard.com/slow-cooker-carnitas-tacos.html

I eat it straight from the crock pot and dont like to share! lol
  • kkerri
    Options
    Thanks all!
  • Lizzard_77
    Lizzard_77 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Pork shoulder. Throw it in with garlic, orange and lime halves, salt and pepper, set it for 10 hrs on low. Fabulous!!
  • kikih64
    kikih64 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Fastpaleo.com has some great crock pot recipes.....

Thank you for recommending this site!! I downloaded the app and spent an hour last night drooling over recipes!! :flowerforyou:
  • aliciap412
    aliciap412 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I had high hopes for this thread, bumping just in case anyone else out there has a crock pot recipe to share with us. I need more to try! :D
  • junoja
    junoja Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    onceamonthmeals.com has a paleo cooking plan. Don't think you have to join to see the recipes. Some are slow cooker.
  • HaggisWhisperer
    HaggisWhisperer Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I've only recently bought a slow cooker, but I'm starting to get the hang of it. I've mostly used it to cook large bits of meat. I adapted a recipe from one of my Indian cookery books that worked really well. It is a lemony chicken with fresh coriander (cilantro). I have done this with individual chicken joints and also with a humungous turkey leg that I bought (note of caution, make sure the big legs will actually fit in your slow cooker, I had to go out to my garage and find a saw and do a "Dexter" on the end of the leg to get it to fit). Mine is a 4.5L oval cooker.
    Ingredients: 2x1 inch cubes fresh ginger, chicken or turkey portions to fit your cooker; 5 cloves garlic; large bunch fresh coriander (cilantro); 1 chilli finely chopped; 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper, 2 tsp ground cumin, 1 tsp ground coriander, 1/2 tsp ground tumeric, 1 tsp salt or to taste, 2 tbsp lemon juice, chicken stock. Method: skin your poultry then brown it in a frying pan then transfer to your slow cooker. Heat some more oil in your frying pan, add crushed garlic, chopped chilli, finely grated ginger and stir fry for a couple of minutes. Add the dry spices and continue to fry for about 30 seconds. Add about 1 pint chicken stock and the salt and lemon juice and bring to the boil. Pour over the meat in the slow cooker. You want it to come about half way up the meat so you may need to add some more water or stock. Set your slow cooker. I usually do this on low for about 8 to 10 hours. I add the fresh coriander about an hour before it is finished, but I have also added it at the start with no real problems. I have also used this sauce with a piece of pork loin and that was good. I serve with stir fried veg or sometimes shredded gingered carrots.
  • athenalove46
    athenalove46 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    EVERYTHING this dude makes is phenomenal! http://paleopot.com/
  • kkerri
    Options
    Thanks for more websites!
  • AngelDog1
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas! I love cooking with all of my crock pots -I seem to collect them. :)
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    I love the ease of the crockpot but I rarely like the food that comes out of it. I need to try more recipes. Thanks for the ideas everyone!
  • carolynrussell20
    Options