When did you feel a sense of accomplishment?

Options
2»

Replies

• jessiekanga
    jessiekanga Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Ditto, ditto, ditto. Transformative celebrations that are renewed with every run, yet some of the milestones (W5D3, the first 5k, the first 10k) I remember with a little extra chutzpah. But... every single time: Every doubt I don't adhere to. Every step I didn't want to take. Mostly, it's when I hear the quiet voice that emerges, telling me I can. I really dig her:).

This thread rocks OP! And all of you here do. I'm inspired reading all your responses.
  • ZombieEarhart
    ZombieEarhart Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    W5D3 was my big sense of accomplishment. That was the day when I truly realized, "Not only CAN I do this, I AM doing this". It was a big time confidence booster. I laughed out loud on the street when I completed it. I looked around, wanting to share it with someone, but alas, I was alone at 8:30 am on a Saturday. So instead I just giggled and had a big grin on my face, imagining a marching band coming down the street to announce my achievement. I seriously did that. After I ran for 20 minutes straight, I realized I was quite capable of doing anything else. In fact, that day over shadowed the day I completed C25K.

My last day of C25K I didn't have the sense of celebration I had on W5D3. It was more of a, "OK, I did that. Now let's see how much further I can go". It was a nod, a recognition of my accomplishment, but now I was ready to get in there and start taking this seriously, and consider myself as an athlete in training.

W5D3 seriously changed my life. It told me that I had the ability and discipline to do this, and to make a complete lifestyle overhaul. This isn't about losing weight anymore, it's about being active and healthy for the rest of my days.

Wonderfully said! And yeah, when I did W5D3, I wanted to high five every other person in the park, I was so happy!