A question about ketosis

Options
So, for the past three weeks I've been closely watching my carb intake again, averaging around 60-70 g. I then had 2-3 days of high carb eating (which for me is about 200g). Now I'm trying to get myself in the ketogenic zone.This morning I was already feeling nauseous (every time I've entered ketosis in my n=1 experiments I've had this exact reaction - sluggishness, nausea). Then I had lunch and somehow managed to eat 30g in one sitting which surely kicked me out of it. No biggie.

My question is: am I going to re-enter ketosis somewhat faster than the first time around? It takes me - a short and average weight female - about 2-3 days of VLC to start getting some pink on my strips. Since I only ate about 30g of carbs, I guess I didn't replenish completely my glycogen stores... if I work out today (some bodyweight training plus one hour of moderate pace walking), and of course avoid any other CHO sources, am I right in assuming that I WON'T have to wait another 3 days to re-enter it but will be in ketosis much faster?

Replies

• kiramaniac
    kiramaniac Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    There isn't really anything firm here. It varies by person. Some people really struggle getting back in, for others it can be quick.