Paleo-Eating Clean

Hi ladies,

I have been using my fitness pal for about 5 months. I am down 12 lbs from when I started. Its been a SLOW progress, (due to weekend and vacation binges) a but I am hoping to kick it up a notch with the biggest loser challenge. For me, carbs are the ENEMY! LOL. That said, I am trying to adopt my on version of the paleo diet, which is mostly meats and vegatables. Let me know your toughts on Paleo\clean eating. Clean eating is about the same as paleo, but the main concept is eating foods that are not processed or come from a package. I love sharing ideas so feel free to post here or create a new discussion. :smile:

Replies

• I don't know much about the Paleo diet, but I have heard numerous times that you should shop from the ousides of the store. Meaning the fresh items, once you start down the aisles then you are getting packaged/prepared foods that have high sodium, etc. My problem with shopping on the outside is that 1) it is more expensive 2) it doesn't last as long and 3) it takes more time to prepare. I guess that's why there are so much weight issues b/c we don't have a lot of time or we don't want to devote a lot of time to eating right which should be imprtant to us.

Anyway....thanks for setting the group up for us Yolanda!
  • mwalton40
    mwalton40 Posts: 4 Member
    What I know is that eating in this way works wonderfully well for my body, as it seems to rapidly eliminate toxins. However, as Wendy stated, it is majorly expensive to continue this method for any period of time. For me, I am going to have to consider my eating habit from an investment position because my body does not respond well to canned and pre-packaged items at all. i have been cooking more and eating more veggies and lean meats and I feel better in such a short time. The encouragement and tracking via fitness pal is helping significantly. My prayer over this time of BL is to get a better understanding of my body and what allows it to function properly. I will master this for a lifetime of change. Thanks ladies!