Cooking & Recipes

Options
2»

Replies

• takerbrat
    takerbrat Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I made up this recipe and keep them in the fridge to grab on the go in the morning as I rarely have time to actually prepare something:

12 slices Jennie-O turkey bacon
    12 frozen broccoli florets
    10 eggs
    1 cup cottage cheese with chives

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
    Spray muffin tin with cooking spray. Wrap a slice of bacon in each muffin. Place a broccoli floret in each. Whip eggs and cottage cheese together and fill each cup.
    Bake for 30-35 minutes.

Enjoy! I have it figured out that each "muffn" is only 113 calories and 9g of protein! I normally eat 2 with some fruit and am very satisfied :)
    YUM!
  • palmerar
    palmerar Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I made this recipe this week for dinner, it ended up being approximately 400 cals per serving (4 servings total):

1c. orzo pasta
    2 roma tomatoes, can sub for whichever tomato you like
    1 large handful fresh spinach
    1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
    1 tbsp unsalted butter
    2 oz dry white wine
    1.5 oz provolone cheese
    2 tbsp shredded parmesan cheese
    juice of 1/2 a lemon
    1 tsp minced garlic
    salt, and pepper to taste

Cook orzo according to package directions, except drain pasta about 2 mins before it is cooked to your liking, reserve 1-2 ladles full of the water your pasta cooked in to add in later.
    Place olive oil, butter and garlic in a 12" sautee pan
    Once garlic begins to cook (1-2 mins over med heat) add tomatoes (seasoned with salt and pepper)
    After 2 mins add lemon juice and white wine to tomatoes
    Once oil, butter, lemon juice and wine mixture begins to reduce, add 1-2 ladles of starchy pasta water to the pan
    Add orzo to sautee pan
    Add cheese to pan and combine until well mixed
    Add spinach to pan and combine until spinach is wilted
    Add additional salt and pepper to taste
  • littlelady62
    Options
    Does anyone have a healthy recipe for breakfast muffins? I like to have something like this sometimes for breakfast.