Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Tomato Soup and...

Fall is fast approaching and normally I'd be sooo excited for tomato soup with grilled cheese! Any ideas on grilled cheese replacements?

Replies

• TriLifter
    TriLifter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Honestly, I hadn't thought about that. My big fall go-to is a nice, hearty beef stew.

I recently saw a "sandwich" on nonnonpaleo.com that was literally guacamole "sandwiched" between two slices of bacon. I want that.
  • RunningRichelle
    RunningRichelle Posts: 346 Member
    I've already made some tomato soup... I won't lie, I dropped a nice big serving of bacon into (onto?) it right before serving it. Grilled cheese sandwich no longer needed, haha!
  • rotnkat
    rotnkat Posts: 393 Member
    This is the bread I make when I want a grilled cheese. It's not tooooo shabby!!!!!

http://fastpaleo.com/recipe/sandwich-bread/

Edit- I forgot to mention that when you grill it use a low to med-low heat or the bread will burn before the cheese melts. Takes a little longer, but worth it!!!!
  • Rei1988
    Rei1988 Posts: 412 Member
    Treat yourself to some high quality cheese?

Hollandaise sauce is also kinda like cheese :d
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,953 Member
    We sometimes use paleo waffles for "bread". Maybe that could work?
  • novarugger10
    novarugger10 Posts: 62 Member
    bump
  • Thanks for all the ideas!!!
  • irishguns
    irishguns Posts: 53 Member
    I've never eaten sandwiches with tomato soup (apparently I'm really weird) but tomato soup sounds soooo good.