Calories Burned in the Weirdest Ways

Options
Several years ago I used to donate blood and found out that the calories burned to re-make (any nurses out there don't yell at me LOL) the blood burns up about 600 calories.

I am heading to the dentist in a little while and my goofy brain started to wonder how many calories do we burn while in the Dentist chair being worked on. There has to be a small amount of energy consumed by anxiety, dread of needles (not me for the most part), keeping mouth in correct position and sometimes the sheer act of not grabbing dentist or assistant and telling them to either stop or move it.

I know I am just being silly but when you think about what our bodies do to consume calories some can be rather weird. Just for fun I have my little fitbit on and I will see what the calorie burn was going in and leaving.

Replies

• SkagitYogini
    SkagitYogini Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I never gave a thought to burning calories with "alternative" exercise until joining MFP. I'd love to burn 600 calories, but donating blood terrifies me! One of my MFP friends made up an exercise called Car Dancing because she spends so much time on the road. You crank up the music, put on the cruise control, and dance your way to your destination. Once we get old enough to join this group, we usually don't worry about what other drivers think of us. :laugh: I don't log this exercise when I do it, but I figure I burn about 50 extra calories on my 30 minute drive to work.

How do you like your Fitbit? Would you recommend I buy one?

Sherry