People GAIN weight over Yom Kippur, you know!

MostlyWater
MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
Sure. You eat too much before hand, you're really only skipping breakfast and lunch, and then you over eat afterwards. Eat and drink but be mindful !!!

Replies

• chani8
    chani8 Posts: 946 Member
    You must've been talking to me! ;) It took courage for me to log it all in, though. But I figure, if I gain, I want to see why.

Since being on maintenance, I have gained 3 pounds. Probably gained another pound these past two days.

And now here come the holidays.
  • Rena42
    Rena42 Posts: 66 Member
    I actually chickened out and didn't log what I ate before and after the fast. I might have gone overboard for one meal, but I was good for the day and I lost weight, so I'm not going to sweat it.

I'm so glad that fasting season is over for a while. We have about 3 months before the 10th of Tevet.

Shana Tova!
  • gsfreeman2
    gsfreeman2 Posts: 14 Member
    Guilty as charged. After getting down to 180, I got back to about 190 for most of the summer... but I overdid pre-YK and post-YK and went back up to 200... but now back down around 190. Weight put on fast is often water and sodium weight... but... we must always be vigilant!!
  • chriamaria
    chriamaria Posts: 76 Member
    HaHa! I've always include Yom Kippur as one of the Feast Days where I have to be diligent not to gain weight!:laugh: