speed

Options
mira2602
mira2602 Posts: 78 Member
Hi guys, just wanted to ask you how fast you run on treadmill, as I kind of feel I am slow (4.4 mph). Or should I worry about speed later on?

Did anyone of you did C25K before?

Replies

• Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    You work on speed later on. I'm on week five, and once the runs started getting this long, my speed has come down about the same. Progress, not perfection!
  • Hayaa79
    Hayaa79 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    You work on speed later on. I'm on week five, and once the runs started getting this long, my speed has come down about the same. Progress, not perfection!

thanxxx alot fr ur advice :)

yes mira walk @ 4.0 or so & run @5.0 and then increase checking ur stamina & endurance ok
  • HardyGirl4Ever
    HardyGirl4Ever Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, I didn't realize this was already in progress. I can leave the group if you would like.

14877786.png
  • Hayaa79
    Options
    No my dear U just start from tomorrow no worries we r with U :)

just post ur progress
  • Hayaa79
    Options
    anyone doing the Running???
    am planning to even increase my speed i feel i can run @ 6.0 & walk @5.0
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    I recommend against it. When you get to running for 5, 8, 10, 20 minutes at a time, you won't be happy! :laugh: I have to keep bumping down and bumping down the speed just so I can finish the segment. And I walk about 3.2 for warm-up and 3.0 for rests in between running segments. Back when I was only running 1.5, 3, and 5 minutes at a time, sure, 3.5 for the walk and 5.2 for the run felt fine. Just be ready to bump it down when you have to, to finish out your segments.
  • Hayaa79
    Options
    I recommend against it. When you get to running for 5, 8, 10, 20 minutes at a time, you won't be happy! :laugh: I have to keep bumping down and bumping down the speed just so I can finish the segment. And I walk about 3.2 for warm-up and 3.0 for rests in between running segments. Back when I was only running 1.5, 3, and 5 minutes at a time, sure, 3.5 for the walk and 5.2 for the run felt fine. Just be ready to bump it down when you have to, to finish out your segments.

Thanx a lot U r right my legs hurt hehehehe