Grams of macros

jen_zz
jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
Just curious, how many grams (not %) of net carbs, protein and fat do you guys set for your MFP diary?

Replies

• MermaidTX
    MermaidTX Posts: 352 Member
    Just curious, how many grams (not %) of net carbs, protein and fat do you guys set for your MFP diary?

If I could set my grams for my macros, they'd be:
    * 25g Carbohydrates (this is Gross Carbs & I track Fiber to figure out Net Carbs on my own)
    * 75g Protein
    * 123g Fat

But since I can't set them exactly (because MFP makes me use % that doesn't match what the keto-calculator gave me), I ended up with this:
    * 19g Carbohydrates (this is Gross Carbs & I track Fiber to figure out Net Carbs on my own)
    * 96g Protein
    * 120g Fat

Not that far off so I just work w/ it.
  • Rei1988
    Rei1988 Posts: 412 Member
    1306 kcal Daily Calorie Intake
    19 g Carbohydrates (6%)
    71 g Protein (22%)
    105 g Fat (72%)
  • jen_zz
    jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
    Thanks both for sharing.

Fendi_Doll we have very similar calorie limit! I would wanna mirror your breakdown, but as I'm a beginner to low carb, I find it hard to have so much fat and so little carbs.. I find it easy to have high protein which helps the carb stay low. But since I came from a background of very low calorie dieting.. it seems like with fat I only get to eat so little food..
  • kiramaniac
    kiramaniac Posts: 800 Member
    Thanks both for sharing.

Fendi_Doll we have very similar calorie limit! I would wanna mirror your breakdown, but as I'm a beginner to low carb, I find it hard to have so much fat and so little carbs.. I find it easy to have high protein which helps the carb stay low. But since I came from a background of very low calorie dieting.. it seems like with fat I only get to eat so little food..

Excess protein converts to glucose. For some that blocks ketosis. It's something to keep in mind if you are striving for ketosis. (fat is also very satiating. And tasty!
  • Rei1988
    Rei1988 Posts: 412 Member
    Thanks both for sharing.

Excess protein converts to glucose. For some that blocks ketosis. It's something to keep in mind if you are striving for ketosis. (fat is also very satiating. And tasty!

I second kira :)