Making Changes

Options
I took some reading advice and visited 100daysofrealfood.com that was an eye opener for me. I am very new to clean eating and I found it extremely helpful Beginning this week I am not buying anything that says light, lowfat or something of that sort or things with more than 5 ingredients. I know this will be a change but I know my love and I are ready and willing to make the change. So when I needed coffee creamer I bought Publix Greenwise organic half & half instead of my sugar free french vanilla deliciousnees......... the organic had 2 ingredients, organic milk and organic cream. I can't even count how many the other stuff had. The good news was it tastes good and I used less............. wow mental break through.

At first I caught mmyself thinking this was my first "sacrifice" into clean eating and moving away from things......... but then I decided that was the wrong attitude. This is my first step to being a healthier Nana for my 4 granchildren, and mother to my children and wife to my love. Keeping your head on straight is important too. I wanted to thank those of you who are here to give ideas and support it is really important!

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Glad you enjoyed 100 days!

Yes, think of it as working toward eating healthier, adding healthier choices, rather than eliminating, or removing.

cheers!:drinker:
  • ericasturn
    ericasturn Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    no only enjoyed it............ my husband says I am addicted to it! LOL what a great hing to be addicted to!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    no only enjoyed it............ my husband says I am addicted to it! LOL what a great hing to be addicted to!
    Great!

If you liked that, you'll like In Defense of Food (Michael Pollan). If you can, listen to it on audio. The narrator is fabulous. I just re-read/listened to it again for the third time.
  • ericasturn
    Options
    I will definitely look into it thanks!!
  • ericasturn
    Options
    I made my own hummus today in my nutribullet............. it is delicious and has 20 less calories and 2 grams less fat than a name brand one. It is delicious ~ not a sacrifice! Plus I am so proud to have made it myself! Wow never thought I would say that.......... what is happening to me? LOL
  • ericasturn
    Options
    I have been using my nutribullet since Sept. 2nd and making a blast for breakfast each morning. They are keeping me very satisfied and I feel wonderful. Making other changes in the diet by going to clean eating and whole foods. I thought it would be hard, so far the process I am following has made it very easy. I thought it would be more expensive, so far things are evening out! Did I mention I feel fantastic?! The scale is going down too! I sneaked a peak this morning but will weigh in tomorrow I hate peaking because then it it usually up on my WI day and I am disappointed. I feel like alot of the bloating is going away! I am loving the changes!!

I have been pleasantly surprised that my regular grocery store carries a nice variety of organic foods, but have found that many things say they are organic but do not have the USDA cert on them. Is that required to really be organic? I was under the impression it was. Amy's products did not have that on them so I was skeptical of buying a couple of frozens just to have on hand.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    I eat amy's from time to time. I try to buy organic, but focus as much, or more on eating whole and minimally processed foods. Three ingredient peanut butter versus 10. (assuming one of the three isn't HFCS lol)
  • ericasturn
    Options
    I ls 2.3lbs in a week! Super excited. I am not being overly optimistic thinking that I will lose this much every week \but it was nice to see the scale move down for a change.

Last week my goal was to get in all of my water everyday and not buy anything that said fat free or light or the like on it. I met that goal! This week I am buying either organic or things with less than five ingredients in them and working out 5 days a week for atleast 45 minutes, plus continuing with the previous weeks! I am following the 14 week program from 100 days of real food, but sometimes I will change two things depending on where we are at with groceries and life...........

I am not missing any of the things that I no longer choose to not eat, and feel better :) Clean is the way to go!