What Comes First?

Options
ChaleGirl
ChaleGirl Posts: 270 Member
So I'm sure most of us that are over weight aren't happy with ourselves, but do we need to lose the weight first to make us happier, or focus on the happiness first before we will be motivated enough to actually lose the weight for good... Just a thought...

Replies

• LexieSweetheart
    LexieSweetheart Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    I think at any weight you need to focus on the happy
  • Fabfitgirl5
    Fabfitgirl5 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    If you are not happy with who you are as a person, it does not matter what size you are, you will be unhappy until you figure out how to be satisfied with yourself.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    happy
  • GabyBaby916
    GabyBaby916 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    It thnk its hard to separate the two.
    When I'm happy in general, losing weight usually isn't in the forefront of my mind, so there wouldn't be motivation to diet/exercise, etc. I only strive to lose weight/get in shape when I'm unhappy with my weight- even when most of the other parts of my life are "happy".
  • brraanndi
    brraanndi Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Too many people think they will become magically happy when they lose weight and it simply isn't so.

You can focus on weightloss for health but other things need to be done for your mental wellbeing.

Blaming everything on your weight ( not saying you do, just an example ) and then pinning all your hopes and dreams to your weightloss is a recipe for disaster.
  • tnjackso1
    tnjackso1 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    If you are not happy with who you are as a person, it does not matter what size you are, you will be unhappy until you figure out how to be satisfied with yourself.

I so agree...get satisfied with self first!!
  • ChaleGirl
    ChaleGirl Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    It thnk its hard to separate the two.
    When I'm happy in general, losing weight usually isn't in the forefront of my mind, so there wouldn't be motivation to diet/exercise, etc. I only strive to lose weight/get in shape when I'm unhappy with my weight- even when most of the other parts of my life are "happy".

I think this is true. So hard to separate the two!