4.4pound loss in the 1st 2wks of reset

Options
Hi, so I've upped my cals from around 900-1200 to 1400, BMR is 1380 TDEE is 2000, female 24 yrs 5 foot tall, currently 127 pounds, goal weight of 110 pounds.

I lost my first 26 or so pounds through ultra low cal, however I plateaued for like a year (losing and gaining the same 5 pounds over and over), now that I've seen the light (hooray) I've been eating 1400 for almost 2 weeks and have dropped 2 kgs (4.4 pounds) during this time. The first 2 pounds were within a few days of eating more and the other 2 pounds was in the last few days. Everything I've read so far on metabolic resets led me to expect weight gain in the early weeks, not a loss. Am I just lucky or is my weight loss 'fake' (i.e water weight). I just don't get how I could lose water upon increasing cals, feel free to check out my diary, but ignore Monday's entry, I was doing a mock up day for my bf who doesn't believe in counting cals lol

Replies

• FourIsCompany
    FourIsCompany Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I'm interested in this, too. I lost a pound in my first week of increase and haven't gained an ounce since then (4 weeks, increasing calories each week). Not complaining, you understand, but I did expect to gain.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Hi, so I've upped my cals from around 900-1200 to 1400, BMR is 1380 TDEE is 2000, female 24 yrs 5 foot tall, currently 127 pounds, goal weight of 110 pounds.

I lost my first 26 or so pounds through ultra low cal, however I plateaued for like a year (losing and gaining the same 5 pounds over and over), now that I've seen the light (hooray) I've been eating 1400 for almost 2 weeks and have dropped 2 kgs (4.4 pounds) during this time. The first 2 pounds were within a few days of eating more and the other 2 pounds was in the last few days. Everything I've read so far on metabolic resets led me to expect weight gain in the early weeks, not a loss. Am I just lucky or is my weight loss 'fake' (i.e water weight). I just don't get how I could lose water upon increasing cals, feel free to check out my diary, but ignore Monday's entry, I was doing a mock up day for my bf who doesn't believe in counting cals lol

If faster than mathmatically possible, water weight.

If fat, that would be 3500 calories per lb. Did you eat that much below TDEE for those weeks.

The fact that you are increasing on up to TDEE allows your metabolism to recover, and it must be, so that good too.

Many times a carb refill, finally eating enough, causes a fat whoosh effect, stored water in fat cells is finally dropped.