Week 3

Options
Sara13CH
Sara13CH Posts: 85 Member
Week (#) 3

Weight:172.4 (up 4 pounds!?!)

Goals and how I am going to achieve them:

1. log my foods-prepare my foods in advance. Prepare my days in advance either in the am or night before

2. Run 3x and go to 2 classes- Tue, Thur, Sat

3.Go to 1 EDA meeting and 1 EDA online meeting

What could get in my way of achieving these goals?

Me, myself, and I. That rebellious part of me. Focusing on the instant gratification and not the long term goal. My attitude.

What can I do to manage that?

Post my goals in a place where I can see them.
Keep trigger foods out of the house.
Eat only at the table.
Drink WATER
Pre log my day

What worked for me this week:

1. preparing my meals and snacks so I have things on hand.
2. Running and going to class on the same day
3. Doing my exercise first thing in the AM

What didn't work for me this week:

1. Not logging my whole day. I tend to fizzle out by afternoon with my logging
2.Giving up on my goals-eating whatever I wanted and not wanting to look at the consequences.
3.Eating in the car.

This might be tough, but I CAN DO THIS!

Replies

• TriciannT
    TriciannT Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Week (#) : 3

Weight: 203 (down 4)

Goals and how I am going to achieve them:
    1.Log food completely - I can achieve this by logging immediately after dinner.

2.Plan Meals - Make my plan then purchase the food.

3. Create an exercise practice by planning my day.

Children, Money and no support.

What can I do to manage that? Stay calm.

1.Logging my food. Even though I fizzled out I have learned a lot about the food I eat.
    2.Exercising I learned to start small.

1. Consistency, I was all over the place because of my son's surgery's and Dr. appointments.

This might be tough, but I CAN DO THIS!
  • NiceSpydr
    NiceSpydr Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I can't believe it's Week 3 already! Where did September go?
    Starting September Weight: 197
    End of September Goal Weight: 192

Goals for the Month:
    1- Make time for ME (exercise, decluttering my home office, a long bath, make time to paint, etc.) for at least 15 minutes a day.
    So far, I'm 50% - 50% on this. I'm not tracking my designated "Me" time, and I'm not sure I'm ready to put some extra pressure on myself by doing that.

2- Stop "Starting Over" & find some solid Motivation/ Accountability.
    I feel like I've added lots of little bits of Motivation and Accountability. I've gotten a FitBit, enrolled in online BootCamp and and opened my Food Diary to friends. I feel really good about these baby steps and am not beating myself up when I miss a day. I'm just continuing on the journey.

3- Exercise at least 3 days a week.
    I've already nailed 3 solid workouts this week and am hoping to get in a final workout before bed.

4- Work on tracking accuracy.
    I feel like my FitBit motivates me to stay on top of logging and monitoring. I was going to get a food scale this weekend, and didn't make it to the store. I'm not going to beat myself up over it. I'll pick one up when I get a chance.

5- Keep on track while away from home.
    I feel really great about how my 1st September trip went. I have a 2nd one starting on Thursday. For this trip I'll have a roomie, and I'm feeling a little awkward about working out in front of someone. I'm determined to figure something out. I'm on a good roll and I'm not ready to drop it already.

An awkward travel schedule, not having control over what's being served at lunch and dinner for several days, and workout shyness.

What can I do to manage that?
    Stay calm. Stay focused. I'm going to make it happen.

Wearing my FitBit keeps me motivated to move. When people said it was addictive, I had no idea how much I'd want to see my daily progress. It's more addictive than the scale.
    Accepting that some days I don't get a full workout. I'm not beating myself up for doing partial workouts. I'm staying active, even beyond the workouts and adding in extra online BootCamp sessions when I can.

Travel makes a routine difficult. I'm trying to keep focused on what I can and can't control, and adapting to what's the healthiest option I can have.

September isn't over yet.
    This week's motto: Keep on Truckin'.
  • kwantlen2051
    kwantlen2051 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Week 3 and I've lost only 3 lbs so far. I think I have to up my exercise time from 45min- hour to possibly more or maybe change my routine. Any suggestions? I am still keeping within my calorie consumption of net 1200, but not losing as much as I would like to. Help please !!!!