Week 2 check in

Options
Halfway through September!!!

What have your struggles been the past two weeks?

How will you turn those struggles into successes?

Have you had any NSV's this past week? (Non-scale victory)
Mine was going to 2 kid b-day parties and NOT eating cake at either party!!

Happy Sunday!!

Replies

• BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,432 Member
    Options
    We unexpectedly went out for tex-mex at lunch on Friday. I ordered a steak that comes with seasoned veggies and choice of side ... for my side i skipped the baked potatos / fries / etc etc and chose a (second) serving of seasoned veggies. :flowerforyou: Didn't even miss the sweetpotato fries.:laugh:

I am mostly done with the basement wreck-room project and nearly ready to re-name it the Rec(reation) Room again. Which means that the elliptical is practically accessible again. I have plan for that.

And my capri pants that I bought at the end of August are very loose (i suspect deflated bloat more that true fat-burn given the dimentional shift) but they were $4 from the thrift store, so I don't mind if they become unwearable relatively quickly. Come spring, a sewing project may be to come up with a pattern that will allow me to make a scaled down pair like them (they don't have the usual fly-front and I quite like the stylling of them)
  • fitbye45
    Options
    Good Morning,
    I noticed this week I was going up and down. I have been weighing everyday to get a feel for what I am doing right or what does not work so this is how I know this. so I went to Chattanooga on Saturday ribs, fire roasted okra, grilled cornbread (2), margarita, almond amaretto raspberry cupcake with raspberry filling, irish cream cupcake with mascarpone filling, then on sunday fried seafood, catfish, oysters, crawfish, clams, yeast bread, sweet tea/lemonade. So then I went to GNC to weigh fearing that my home scale might not be correct only to find out that is had deceived me and is actually about 5lbs off.

The good news is that I am not discouraged just haven't figured out how to adjust this here on MFP!
  • prayaas
    Options
    Hi,
    Sorry forgot to check-in last week. However I have lost 2 kgs ie.4 pounds till now!
    I hope I am able to achieve my goal for September !
    Non-scale victory was when I turned down the fried snacks offered to me by my friends. They persisted but I didn't give in. Felt very proud of myself :smile:
  • 2dogzrule
    2dogzrule Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    What have your struggles been the past two weeks? I went to the Big E fair on Monday and was over on calories by about 450. I expected that would happen because I have zero willpower when it comes to fair food.

How will you turn those struggles into successes? Already done. Since I knew I'd be going to the fair Monday, my husband and I hiked on Sunday and had a good calorie burn. I also spent all day yesterday splitting and stacking firewood, and burned over 1000 calories. I still lost my goal weight of 2 pounds for the week.

Have you had any NSV's this past week? (Non-scale victory) The day we went hiking my husband stopped and got a bacon, egg and cheese breakfast sandwich and 2 apple cider donuts. I said no to both because it's not worth eating back calories like that even though I burned a lot of calories.