Day 1 - Sept 16, 2013

Options
ibcsrl19
ibcsrl19 Posts: 75 Member
Today is the first day. I will be using the https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.c25k&hl=en app to track my progress. Have to say, I am not looking forward to running today. I hate running, but I need to get into better shape.

Replies

• iRun_Butterfly
    iRun_Butterfly Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    You can do this! I am actually doing Week 2 Day 2 today and for the first time, looking forward to it. Not sure why but I struggled with week 1, however the first day of week 2 seemed relatively easy...wierd. Wishing you the best!
  • valenst
    Options
    Hi! I didn't get the app, but i want to! I'm from Argentina and I heard that many people could become a 5K runner! I wish my W1D1 be near this weekend.
  • Amberonamission
    Amberonamission Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I had to do day 1 week 1 for a second time today. The first try I pooped out during the last segment. Today 13 min in, the sky opened up and I ran back home. Tomorrow is going to be the winner. Third time is the charm.
  • heartsill1
    Options
    I am starting this afternoon and was wondering what app to use!
  • LunaRC03
    Options
    I started C25K on Friday. Today I will run Week 1 day 3. I have been giving up caffeine, so I am feeling tired and sluggish. I saw this group and it gave me the motivation I need for today!
  • Amberonamission
    Amberonamission Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I am starting this afternoon and was wondering what app to use!
    I am using c25k trainer on android. It is the icon with the green background and a white jogger in the middle. Completely free and so far works well. ANd I can background it so my music plays.
  • NMD1223
    NMD1223 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Does that app allow you to download it to your facebook?
  • susanne3081
    Options
    You can connect it to your FB. It posts a status when your workout is complete.
  • KindraT4
    KindraT4 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    first day done! man, it was pretty tough =/
  • ibcsrl19
    Options
    So, I completed Week 1 Day 1 yesterday using the C25K Free app on android. I have to say the app made it really easy. I jumped on the treadmill at the gym, watched NCIS, and completed the 30 minutes in what seemed like no time.

How did everyone else's first day go?
  • knickersb1
    Options
    I'm actually on week 5 day 3 and tonight will be my third attempt at it but third times the charm...it's the 20 min run and I wimped out at 16 minutes the last time so a big push tonight to finally get it done!!
  • ibcsrl19
    Options
    Seems several people have started and stopped. Do not give up! You can do.

Knickersb1, you can do it, keep pushing!
  • valenst
    Options
    Today was my W1D2! Not easy, not impossible. Hard.

:D
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Hi All,
    I started Couch to 5K using the British National Health Service free podcast:
    http://www.nhs.uk/Tools/Pages/couch-5K-running-plan.aspx?WT.mc_id=101003
    It's a real-time app that runs for 30 mins. 'Laura' tells you when to start and stop running, and in between it's pretty easy-to-listen-to 'faux Coldplay' type music.
    I did my first day last Friday, and then complicated things by doing an actual 5K on Sunday. I'd already signed up to support my sister - we walked most of it, but I did run a bit. Anyway, yesterday I was pretty tired so I didn't do day 2. That will come today. My first day was ok - I found it do-able, although I was tired after.
    I'm wondering how to transition to the treadmill, as it will be getting cold here at some point in the next 9 weeks (Alberta, Canada)...