Attempting W5D3 today, wish me luck!

Options
I have seen a marked increase in my stamina (went dancing with a friend a couple of weeks ago and didn't get exhausted halfway through one song like I would have pre-Couch25K) and I chalk it up to consistent running.

The first time I tried C25K this spring, it took me 2 weeks to get through W4D1 and barely that, but I was still getting over a respiratory infection and not sleeping well - I notice I don't run well on days I don't sleep well the night before.

This time around, Week 5 Day 2 which I did 2 days ago had 15 minutes of running with only 3-minute breaks and I was honestly fine - could have done way more. Sooooo wish me luck tackling Day 3 today - I have high hopes :)

Replies

• Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    Options
    Good luck but you don't need it! You are going to do great!:flowerforyou:
  • aimforhealthy
    aimforhealthy Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Good luck but you don't need it! You are going to do great!:flowerforyou:
    Thank you!!!!! :blushing: I'm actually excited to tackle it this time around!!!
  • daniellemm1
    daniellemm1 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Oh yes I remember W5D3. You will feel so awesome when you have completed it. I would describe it as feeling powerful!!! Don't let your head convince you that you can't because YOU CAN!!!! Let us know how it goes!!!
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Good luck! :bigsmile:
  • aimforhealthy
    aimforhealthy Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! Both me and my 15yo son KICKED W5D3'S BUTT!!!!:bigsmile:
  • daniellemm1
    daniellemm1 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!
  • taeliesyn
    taeliesyn Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    Excellent!!
  • AmyMgetsfit
    AmyMgetsfit Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I did W5D3 last Friday. I thought for sure I would be doing day 3 a few times. But I surprised myself and ran it with no problems. Glad to see you kicked it as well.
  • CherylP67
    CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Congrats, I knew you could do it.
  • Primalgal
    Primalgal Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    My husband & I just did W5D3 this morning! We were worried, but sailed right through it! We kept a slow pace, but kept on moving!

Sounds like you aced it! Woohoo!
  • 230137isntmyweight
    Options
    Good luck!!
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Great wins all!
  • asalembier
    asalembier Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    WTG!