Advice :)

Options
amcsouth
amcsouth Posts: 283 Member
Hi there :)

Just need some advice with what to do because I'm getting so frustrated! I've lost more than 100lb and I'm looking to lose at least another 25lb (I'm not sure what my final weight would be). I know my eating has sort of been all over the place due to stress (i.e no appetite or always ravenous) and I haven't been exercising as consistently (although always train at least 5 days). I always maintain a deficit for the week. I know stress isn't a good excuse for eating like crap but it happens :)

I do legs on Monday, Tues + Wed + Sat is cardio, Fri is chest + triceps, Sun is back + biceps with Thurs off. I'm otherwise decently active. Ultimate goal would be to get my body fat down so I can actually see my muscles! :)

I'm currently eating at TDEE-20% or what I understand is right from the calculations which is just above 1800cal a day. I'm 169cm tall which is 5'5'' I think and weight 72.2kg (I think that's 159lb). I used a lower activity option as I'm not sure weight training is considered in there.

I kind of feel like my body doesn't want to lose anymore weight! I keep reaching plateau after plateau and its so disheartening! My measurements also haven't really moved. I don't want to restrict carbs, fats etc because this is a lifestyle change for me.

This has lasted about 3 months now with nothing changing in almost a month! I can't really check my body fat % but the machine at the gym has registered a drop in body fat although I'm not sure how accurate that is.

Any advice/tips would be amazing :)
Thanks in advance xxx

Ps. I also weigh and log everything I eat,. Average percentages: 43% carbs, 29% fat, 28% protein. Although protein was lower before

Replies

• askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    My first thought.... when was the last time you calculated your TDEE? I'm 5'7", 240 pounds and for me TDEE-20% is 1982 (sedentary).... If I take my stats down to 200 pounds then I will be at 1700 for my deficit. Is it possible you need to re-calculate?
  • amcsouth
    Options
    I did actually just recalculate and I got different values but all between 1700 and almost 2000 calories. This is with the light activity option. I'm thinking of dropping down again to the 1700cal side because honestly 1800cal seems like alot for me!
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    I would consider that more than lightly active.. I think your calorie's are probably right you could try dropping by 100 or so and see from there (so your 1700 mark), I wouldn't go less sounds like your pretty active. You said you are kind of all over with your workouts so try to get back on track with your eating and working out and your loss will probably continue... you could be overeating or under exercising based on your first paragraph.. Just refocus...

Since you lost 100 lbs I am guessing you have been on several plateaus already (and if not you should know they can last month+ at a time)
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Hi! Thank you everyone for you input. However, to avoid confusion, we do ask for people not to respond to intake questions.

Explained here in a bit more detail. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/861596-please-read

Thanks
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Hi there :)

Just need some advice with what to do because I'm getting so frustrated! I've lost more than 100lb and I'm looking to lose at least another 25lb (I'm not sure what my final weight would be). I know my eating has sort of been all over the place due to stress (i.e no appetite or always ravenous) and I haven't been exercising as consistently (although always train at least 5 days). I always maintain a deficit for the week. I know stress isn't a good excuse for eating like crap but it happens :)

I do legs on Monday, Tues + Wed + Sat is cardio, Fri is chest + triceps, Sun is back + biceps with Thurs off. I'm otherwise decently active. Ultimate goal would be to get my body fat down so I can actually see my muscles! :)

I'm currently eating at TDEE-20% or what I understand is right from the calculations which is just above 1800cal a day. I'm 169cm tall which is 5'5'' I think and weight 72.2kg (I think that's 159lb). I used a lower activity option as I'm not sure weight training is considered in there.

I kind of feel like my body doesn't want to lose anymore weight! I keep reaching plateau after plateau and its so disheartening! My measurements also haven't really moved. I don't want to restrict carbs, fats etc because this is a lifestyle change for me.

This has lasted about 3 months now with nothing changing in almost a month! I can't really check my body fat % but the machine at the gym has registered a drop in body fat although I'm not sure how accurate that is.

Any advice/tips would be amazing :)
    Thanks in advance xxx

Ps. I also weigh and log everything I eat,. Average percentages: 43% carbs, 29% fat, 28% protein. Although protein was lower before

Your average intake for September is as follows:
    1703 cals
    198 carb
    46 fat
    115 pro

I'd like you to take the following steps:

1) Set your intake as follows:
    1600 calories
    150 carbohydrate
    55 fat
    130 protein

2) Resume your regular exercise program in terms of intensity/volume/frequency.
    3) Read this and see if any of this applies to you: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/872212-you-re-probably-eating-more-than-you-think

If you would like further adjustments to the above intake, please follow this advice precisely for the next week and then follow up with us with a weight update.
  • amcsouth
    Options
    Thanks for the help everyone! :)
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Locking so we can track active threads better. Please PM either myself or SideSteel to unlock, including a link to this thread, when you are ready to update us or if you have further questions.
This discussion has been closed.