A cheat day... Probably not a good idea.

Options
RebekahR84
RebekahR84 Posts: 794 Member
So, I've always been a fan of having cheat, or "treat" days when working on losing weight. They help me from feeling deprived. Today was that day from me. I've been doing this way of eating for 3 months now without cheating. Thing is, I wasn't really craving anything, but I still ate food that was off-plan because I WANTED a cheat day. I know it was a stupid thing to do if I wasn't having cravings, but it's the compulsive overeater in me.

Just a warning, TMI below:

Has anyone who has been doing a keto diet gone off-plan and ended up, um... bleeding when using the toilet?

Replies

• chani8
    chani8 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Are you sure it wasn't something that you ate, something like beets, perhaps?

Are you sure it wasn't from hemmroids?

If the answer to both is no, then maybe your intenstinal lining got irritated from too much bulk. I'm guessing.

If it continues, go to the doctor, obviously.

I hope it's nothing.

Feel better soon!!
  • RebekahR84
    RebekahR84 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    No, nothing I ate would do that. And thank goodness, it's not the 'roids. I'm thinking you're probably correct about the bulk, but I'll be keeping an eye on it. Thank you! :smile:
  • moss11
    moss11 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Being low carb can dry and reduce things quite a bit. Suddenly having a large amount of carbs may have done a little damage in their rush to leave your system!! Hopefully it will have settled by now, if not as others said, take advice. Don't let a cheat day get you down either, none of us are perfect and trying to achieve that is pointless. It actually makes me more confident that I can do this long term if I know I can get back on track plus have a bit of what I fancy.