Suggestions

Options
GemUK84
GemUK84 Posts: 73 Member
Hi Ladies,

Thought I would set up a discussion for people to make suggestions of things that would like out of the group or things we could do? My first idea was a weekly challenge for example take little one for a 20 min walk at least 3 times in a week.....

Feel free to post your own

Gem xxx

Replies

• blondieellie
    blondieellie Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Great idea! Am trying to go on lots of walks with buggy.

I think sharing tips on how to fit in exercise with a baby would be brill.
  • hstoblish
    hstoblish Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I love the idea of a weekly challenge.

I'm also looking for buddies around making sure I model healthy eating and exercise for the little one, without focusing on body shaming myself (I have a tendency to do this) in front of her. How do you manage to improve your health without giving your kid some kind of a complex about their own bodies?

It would also be great to get some support on things like breastfeeding, managing work and having a kid and exercise (I got back to work in 3 months so this is really weighing on me).
  • devans25
    devans25 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I've just started doing exactly that this week! I have walked 20 mins while carrying my baby and walking the dog. It may be a short but I feel good that I'm actually getting out of the house.
    I love the idea of a weekly challenge.

I'm also looking for buddies around making sure I model healthy eating and exercise for the little one, without focusing on body shaming myself (I have a tendency to do this) in front of her. How do you manage to improve your health without giving your kid some kind of a complex about their own bodies?

It would also be great to get some support on things like breastfeeding, managing work and having a kid and exercise (I got back to work in 3 months so this is really weighing on me).

I just started back working Wednesday. Sad to say, with every passing day I started to get more tired, meaner, and sadder. I miss my baby (I work 10hr shifts). So I agree, support is a must. Plus I also breastfeed. So far my schedule is breastfeed/pump before work. Pump 3x while at work. Breastfeed/pump while at home before bed. Luckily my baby has started sleeping through the night, so I don't have to get up to feed him.