"low carb slows down metabolism"..

Options
So I'm on a bit of a youtube video binging spree and have now found this one! In the description he writes.
Did you know that if you've EVER dieted or used a low carb diet, your fat burning hormones automatically plummet, slow down your metabolism and can STOP your body from burning fat in LESS than a week?

Did you know that there are 3 steps you can use to STOP all this from happening and STILL enjoy all your favorite carbs WITHOUT getting fat?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-u2fDcGqP84

dun dun duuuun...

Replies

• Mistizoom
    Mistizoom Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    You need to stop watching these anti-low carb videos. :)

They are wrong. Your body burns fat more efficiently when you eat low carb for an extended period and it becomes keto-adapted. When you are keto-adapted your cells burn body fat for fuel. Overall calories are much more important in determining the effect of diet on metabolism. I do eat one higher calorie day a week to prevent my thyroid from becoming (more) sluggish. But I still eat low carb that day. It works for me, I am losing weight and my thyroid hormones are stable.
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    It sounds like he's selling something... made of carbs.
  • Rei1988
    Rei1988 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Didn't watch it but you should stop educating yourself with this baloney lol
    Did you ever watch Fat Head? It's on Netflix, a must see, it started my journey on keto :)