Week 6 (9/17-9/24)

Options
I kind of got off track with my reading and posting last week, but I am here and back to my daily reading. Today I read proverbs 11. Still working my way with the wisdom books. Will reread Job next.

Replies

• auntsammy88
    auntsammy88 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Tonight was bible study night. We read Matthew 13 starting at vs 10 and all of Isaiah 6. Isaiah 6 talks about God hardening people's hearts and it seems like a really sad deal, but after reading commentaries, we discovered that it is meant to be taken in an ironic/sarcastic tone. Brought a lot of light to that passage and makes it more consistent with the rest of scripture.
  • Erithil
    Options
    I've missed a few days reading, with the result that I'm still in Daniel - though I'll be reading the last chapter tomorrow.
    Something cool happened last week - I managed to join two college group Biblestudies in one day :D The first one was in the afternoon - a couple of students randomly came up to me when I was studying and invited me to their little study on the grass, and then that night one of my friends from highschool brought me to a Christian Club for college students! I'm not sure why God did that, but I'm glad to be getting to know other Christian students! (: